Amazon Office Tower I | 111 Harbor Way (Seaport Square Parcel L4) | Seaport

i've long suspected (Envy) to be a main ingredient the stew of all the hate for the Seaport.... Tom O'Brien's bullcrap the other day pretty much was the last straw! Quite contrarily: i think Adam Corolla develops the thesis fairly well--and for much of the Nimby Goonsquad in the Globe, the shoe crudely fits.

i could also be off. A violation of PC (or not): i'm never going to back off suspecting 'envy' to be a growing problem in our society.

Nothing to do with envy tosh and everything to do with power. Boston's professional NIMBY class are a bunch of people who like thinking that they have the power to make developers, city leaders, and the public at large kneel to their demands. That's why they all form citizens groups with stupid names and chase reporters down the street like starving dogs after a T-bone steak. They also tend to have a lot of free time on their hands as they're either old people, idle millionaires, in the case of Amos Hostetter, both!

The problem nowadays, and the reason why they're getting more and more extreme, is that they're dwindling in both numbers and influence. Even in the Globe, which has printed more pro-growth articles in the past 2 years than they have in the previous 20.

Bathtub on this one seems to be taking awhile...

What is the purpose of these giant pipes?
IMG_3408.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_3404.jpg
    IMG_3404.jpg
    856.2 KB · Views: 138
Structural support of the pit until the steel/concrete rises to take its place and support the walls. You will see this on basically every new development that has a basement/garage.

So which Gnurd Home will be Gnurd-habitable first -- Google in Kendall or Amazon in the Seaport? Or is it already a done deal with Verizon topping out at North Station?

Wow, probably some big pours coming up soon...

Very nice! Now THIS looks like a more nuanced version of the BU "stack o' books" building. This one seems far more tasteful and human-scaled. The irony is rich that this is in the Seaport and the Stack o' Books is on Comm Ave........

I think the worst by far was the stack of blocks proposed to go over Back Bay Station.

'Gnurd' as a phrase existed decades before RMS (opps - about him) came up with the name GNU (GNU is Not Unix). RMS, afiak, has also never claimed any relationship with the term gnurd when naming GNU - in fact, he has stated many reasons behind it, and none of them have to do with 'gnurd'. The term itself isn't particularly flattering, and, quite frankly, is simply cringey.

Anyways, does anyone know if there has been any news if Amazon has decided to pull the trigger on the expanded version of this?

Back