Architect Recommendation

AmericanFolkLegend

Reaction score
All,

Apologies in advance if this solicitation for advice is annoying:

I (on behalf of my construction company) recently bought a three acre parcel in South Boston. The parcel has an existing 16K SF garage on site. I would like to modernize the garage and add at least a floor of office space. So we'd end up with 16K SF of industrial/warehouse and 16-32K SF of office as our new HQ.

However, I don't know any firms that do this kind of work, um . . . economically. I could call CBT or Gensler or any of the other big firms in town, but then I'd spend all my time babysitting the design process (i.e., telling them the $500 light fixtures aren't appropriate for a construction company). I'm really looking for flex space that has more of an industrial/office than a Class A office feel.

I contacted the BSA to ask for a list of arch firms that have some mixed use / flex space / industrial experience and they refused to make recommendations (since they're a membership organization). So, I thought I could ask some of the architects on ArchBoston.

So, if anyone on the board has any recommendations for arch firms that meet the following criteria I'd appreciate any recommendations:
1. The firm has experience with mixed-use / flex space projects.
2. The firm has experienced dealing with the City of Boston / BRA.
3. The firm won't break my bank.

If you've got any advice please send me a private message or shoot me an email at americanfolklegend@gmail.com.

Thanks,
Matt

I highly recommend Architectural Design Concepts, principal: Butch Razoyk, 978 686 2112 x11. Check his web site.

How did that end up working out for you? I passed it along to a couple people that I thought may be a good fit.

Worked out well. Thanks to everyone who made recommendations. I'm planning to reach out to some of the architects that contacted me or that were recommended in the next couple weeks (meeting with the BRA first to discuss scope/program before I ask architects for proposals).

Anything else being planned for the three acre parcel?

@Shepard: Not in the short term. The site is dirty and will take 10 years or so to clean. Long-term, residential seems a no-brainer.

Back