Are we still doing phrasing...?

whighlander

Reaction score
Pretty pictures. Paper is cheap.

Tobyjug -- NO Bits are cheap -- Paper is relatively expensive -- you can do 1000 drawings of a few tens of MB each and carry the final collection home with you on something you can hang from a charm bracelet

Re: MassDOT Pike Parcels 12 - 15 | Boylston St. and Mass. Ave | Back Bay

I think...that was just a turn of phrase.

Correctamundo Statlerini.

Correctamundo Statlerini.

Tobyjug -- not to lay it on you -- but the use of these traditional expressions are starting to seem anachronistic -- for instance do any millennials know what Clockwise even means?

On a brighter note all of the dumb lightbulb jokes will soon be consigned to the "Ash bin of History" [whatever an ash bin actually is]

How many Lexingtonians does it take to screw in a lightbulb?

1. to research the history of the light bulb, who gets lots down a rabbit hole of Edison's other inventions and tracking down the root base of the word filament.
2. to explain how GE brought great things to light while his hero neutron Jack bogged the whole company down in bureaucratic red tape while setting the standard for capitalist ideals in the 20th century.
3. to explain how the upper crust who live in a sleepy burgh like oh let's say Lexington don't understand why those in the city need lightbulbs anyways as they should be sleeping on their way to work in their driverless cars or telecommunicating to a cloud.....
4. To do all the Wikipedia and/or google "research" to provide oversized pictures and cut and paste stories mixed with colloquial anecdotes with bad phonetically spelled accents to divert everyone from the purpose at hand.
5. To not have the light bulb go on over his head to understand why he is always in the dark.

How many Lexingtonians does it take to screw in a lightbulb?

Is it politically correct to tell a screwing in light bulb joke about Lexingtonians?

(I'm only asking for a friend.)

I don't post all that often--I mostly lurk & look at the purty pictures--but I've got to ask: why does it seem like there is a petty argument on every single thread? I've been on this site for a long time and I've never seen so much useless bickering.

Tobyjug -- not to lay it on you -- but the use of these traditional expressions are starting to seem anachronistic -- for instance do any millennials know what Clockwise even means?

On a brighter note all of the dumb lightbulb jokes will soon be consigned to the "Ash bin of History" [whatever an ash bin actually is]

Bitch please. That is just ridiculous yes we know what it means sorry if I seem a bit upset, but baby boomers need to stop with this millennials are a crazy new thing rhetoric it gets old fast and is just ridiculous.

Speaking as a "millennial" when I read what Tobyjug wrote I knew what it meant and it added something to my experience. On the other hand your belittling and ridiculous assertion that we should stop using phrases like that was a rude and rather ignorant sounding statement. Especially considering you were supposedly saying what my generation would think of that phrase without anything to back you up but the "those crazy millennials" stereotype/mode of thinking that is so common currently.

Bitch please. That is just ridiculous yes we know what it means sorry if I seem a bit upset, but baby boomers need to stop with this millennials are a crazy new thing rhetoric it gets old fast and is just ridiculous.

Speaking as a "millennial" when I read what Tobyjug wrote I knew what it meant and it added something to my experience. On the other hand your belittling and ridiculous assertion that we should stop using phrases like that was a rude and rather ignorant sounding statement. Especially considering you were supposedly saying what my generation would think of that phrase without anything to back you up but the "those crazy millennials" stereotype/mode of thinking that is so common currently.

+1

^ ^ ^
I don't post all that often--I mostly lurk & look at the purty pictures--but I've got to ask: why does it seem like there is a petty argument on every single thread? I've been on this site for a long time and I've never seen so much useless bickering.

Impossible to escape, man. There's just a lot of anger and hurt in this world and unfortunately the internet, where we don't interface with other humans in a physical way, just allows people to be unkind to each other, seemingly without consequence.

It was pretty clear whighlander was being facetious... opinions may differ but... but belittling?? Seriously... this smacks of paranoia. There are better things to be upset about - better yet, try something physical... exercise... meditate... relax... and let's keep it nice in here, ok?

for instance do any millennials know what Clockwise even means?

Yes. Yes we do. The term is used every day in my trade, actually. Even if traditional clocks ceased to exist the term is still the best way to describe rotational direction.

Also yay for Boston! How the hell are we supposed to get all this stuff built though? Are things like this being planned to start in 7 years from now? I think the whole region is starting to run out of construction workers.

do any millennials know what Clockwise even means?

Found the baby boomer. So cute. I cannot wait until your generation is irrelevant.

Hey, I'm always at least somewhat impressed when a Boomer is able to make a post on a forum like this one. I figure most have been too busy Culture Crusading for the last four decades to figure out these newfangled Interwebs.

You're THE WORST

Sorry everyone. I was being more cheeky than angry.

Boston running out of construction workers? Maybe stop the legalised discrimination that doesn't allow non-union labour on large projects. Partial solution.

Having 3 projects that have languished for a decade or more try to team up and time their projects simultaneously to prevent prolonged pike interuptions? Well, that would succceed in creating no New pike interruptions as none would ever be built. Folks who use the pike will just need to suck it up and/or adapt during construction.

Boy, if we only had cheap, motivated, rugged immigrant labor eagerly waiting at the nation's door.

Boy, if we only had cheap, motivated, rugged immigrant labor eagerly waiting at the nation's door.

They're bring drugs, they're RAPIST'S!!!

The free market capitalists want extensive government intervention and regulations to prevent the cheap, motivated, eager workers next door from being part of the labor marketplace...oh wait...

Point....

Counterpoint....

We could start by helping out-of-work Americans, such as all of the displaced coal miners and factory workers, convert into construction workers. There is plenty of motivated, rugged labor already inside the door and underutilized. But, who gives a shit about Americans when we have the rest of the planet to take care of, right?!?!

Point....

Counterpoint....

We could start by helping out-of-work Americans, such as all of the displaced coal miners and factory workers, convert into construction workers. There is plenty of motivated, rugged labor already inside the door and underutilized. But, who gives a shit about Americans when we have the rest of the planet to take care of, right?!?!

Agree on both points. Question is, are they willing to move and can they afford to move?

Back