Assembly Square Infill and Small Developments | Somerville

26348238839_f93585b7f0_h.jpg

Zo Greek opened in the Partners Building. Its pricey, but this location has a bar, seating and fountain soda.

How are they coming on the 2-storey "pavilion retail" boxes near the T station? Will they open in time for Christmas shopping?

You mean the Caffe Nero building and the soon to be restaurant building? Nero has been open for about a month or so.

Very nice. The only fly in the ointment is the giant parking lot for the Assembly Square Marketplace.

The condo building named alloy is now 100% sold out prior to opening.

Very nice. The only fly in the ointment is the giant parking lot for the Assembly Square Marketplace.

I imagine that the lot will gradually be replaced by similar types of development in the next 8-10 years.

I think it might take less time than that. It is owned by the same developer as Assembly Square so as long as the current development keeps moving along I could see them trying to start developing the Assembly Square Marketplace in the next 2-5 years.

So a couple of weeks ago I drove past Assembly Square and it made me sad.

Why is it that we have a housing and affordability crisis, and as soon as you leave downtown Boston theres nothing else like this?

So a couple of weeks ago I drove past Assembly Square and it made me sad.

Why is it that we have a housing and affordability crisis, and as soon as you leave downtown Boston theres nothing else like this?

Zoning, fragmented town governments and brown people.

Same reason any TOD is fought tooth and nails in the burbs.

What is that they are building outside the Partners garage?
When I saw the 2-story wooden structure, Iit came to mind that there was going to be a freestanding daycare facility. I suspect that that's what we're seeing. Maybe somebody can confirm?

When I saw the 2-story wooden structure, Iit came to mind that there was going to be a freestanding daycare facility. I suspect that that's what we're seeing. Maybe somebody can confirm?

Correct, a child care center.

Should be a good amenity both for Partners employees and young families living in Assembly.

Also, do I see the beginnings of a roofdeck outdoor play area on the one-story section? Pretty cool if so... I know there are plans online for this building somewhere on Somerville's planning website, but I can't look them up right now.

Back