Assembly Square Infill and Small Developments | Somerville

yup. presumably somehow "officially connected" to something/someone at assembly as somerville's ford plant made edsels almost exclusively towards the end -- and it was the failure of the edsel that in large part led to the closure of the plant.
Whoa - that’s amazing - to think that someone from that era remains tied to this area...

Whoa - that’s amazing - to think that someone from that era remains tied to this area...
heh. well i wasn't necessarily saying THAT. i was more imagining that someone(s) at FRIT hired or bought or whatever a pristine Edsel for some promo purposes etc. due to the history with the site.

heh. well i wasn't necessarily saying THAT. i was more imagining that someone(s) at FRIT hired or bought or whatever a pristine Edsel for some promo purposes etc. due to the history with the site.
My enthusiasm for history and connections to the past knows no bounds. It seemed implausible but yes, thinking about it for more than a fraction of a second, your explanation makes far more sense.

Still, I'm not really aware of any references at all at the current Assembly to what went on there. Perhaps instead of random abstract plastic flowers, they could build a monument the to American worker... a bronze car... anything other than generic, young-bourgeois placemaking decor?

BeeLine previously posted some nice picture of that Edsel here. I wasn't aware of the interesting backstory.

My enthusiasm for history and connections to the past knows no bounds. It seemed implausible but yes, thinking about it for more than a fraction of a second, your explanation makes far more sense.

Still, I'm not really aware of any references at all at the current Assembly to what went on there. Perhaps instead of random abstract plastic flowers, they could build a monument the to American worker... a bronze car... anything other than generic, young-bourgeois placemaking decor?
there's small and not so small nods to the Ford assembly plant all over Assembly Row. I think there are more pieces of cleaned up old plant machinery to come.

Today
FE7E94A8-BCE9-403C-9975-4001C475BA90.jpeg
8CFAE76F-EC18-46B3-B189-A3572B08FAC4.jpeg
2FF56D8F-81AC-4BA8-8BB1-AE8DB5AFB48B.jpeg
48F07F3A-9487-4F06-AE01-ECC1564816FE.jpeg
60BAD398-6AFE-4536-BD1F-F2A8D20D4461.jpeg

IMG_7263 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr

IMG_7217 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr

IMG_7224 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr

IMG_7230 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr

IMG_7234 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr

IMG_7254 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr