Assembly Square Infill and Small Developments | Somerville

^^^That post reminds me that I saw this picture on flickr the other day. Anybody know what it's about?

Boycott PUMA action by Backbone Campaign, on Flickr
It has to do with their sponsorship of the Israel Football Assn., which has teams from settlements in the Gaza Strip. Those settlements are considered war crimes under international law for displacing Palestinians.

It has to do with their sponsorship of the Israel Football Assn., which has teams from settlements in the Gaza Strip. Those settlements are considered war crimes under international law for displacing Palestinians.
I presume that boycott sign is photoshopped as there is no solid surface to the left of the Puma sign, or can this be done now?
Also, I'm pro Palestinian but I think it's a bit much to expect a German company to boycott the Israeli FA. Talk about damned if you do damned if you don't.

I think it's a spotlight. More than photoshop, but not something physically mounted up there. Look how the bottom of some letters hit the top edge of the building. It's presumably projected on the mechanical penthouse screen, which does indeed exist that far up.

DSC_0881.jpeg
DSC_0923.jpeg
DSC_0994.jpeg
DSC_0974.jpeg
DSC_0945.jpeg
DSC_1019.jpeg
DSC_1097.jpeg
DSC_1064.jpeg
DSC_1180.jpeg
DSC_0004.jpeg

Not quite sure how I feel about this Vegas-on-the-Mystic look. The one good thing I can think of is that the Encore is just across the way and both sides of the river may merge into one large entertainment district once they're tied together by a bridge.

I think it's a spotlight. More than photoshop, but not something physically mounted up there. Look how the bottom of some letters hit the top edge of the building. It's presumably projected on the mechanical penthouse screen, which does indeed exist that far up.
1000% photoshopped. Just a text box with opacity in the lettering. Another boring and ineffectual online protest.

Back