Battery Wharf | North End | Waterfront

xec

Reaction score
263441244_bf608b8849_b.jpg

263441246_76ec2370f4_b.jpg

263441249_ce76ee35f6_b.jpg

263441251_b8150c8205_b.jpg

^Yesssss, thanks for posting these! I was in Charlestown last weekend and saw the cranes and steel beginning to rise. Can't wait to see how this turns out

where exactly is this project? does anyone know how many units it will have or if it has a website? thanks!

This project would benefit from an Atlantic Avenue/Greenway hostoric streetcar line, like the F-Line in San Francisco. It could be called the Aqua Line, and link the far reaches of Charlestown's Navy Yard with the Fort Point Channel. I wish it ran in the Seaport District in place of that expensive bus subway.

ablarc said:
This project would benefit from an Atlantic Avenue/Greenway hostoric streetcar line, like the F-Line in San Francisco. It could be called the Aqua Line, and link the far reaches of Charlestown's Navy Yard with the Fort Point Channel. I wish it ran in the Seaport District in place of that expensive bus subway.

Could you repost that thing you posted back on the SkyscraperGuy's forum, if you still have it that is.

When I met Harold Theran (developer of battery wharf) he was so fat and seemingly ill, he couldn't stand to make a presentation. I always found it odd that a guy that had so much going for him in the financial realm couldn't manage his own body.

^well, obviously money isn't everything...

i know a girl who lives on Gracie Square in the Upper East Side (possibly the most insane townhouse I've ever seen) and her mom has MS. if you don't know what the disease is, look it up, its absolutely horrible. even for all the money in the world, id rather have a healthy family.

ablarc said:

We can definitely learn a thing or two from San Francisco's Embarcadero.

We can definitely learn a thing or two from San Francisco's Embarcadero.

Just that putting a streetcar down the middle is a good idea. After so much hype over SF's Embarcadero, I was thoroughly unimpressed when I went there. They basically took the elevated highway, put it on the ground, and put a streetcar down it. It's still daunting to walk across all those lanes, and the waterfront still feels separated from the city, although you can see it better. Despite the problems I have with the RKG, I think it's a better plan than the Embarcadero.

Chef Guy Martin to open restaurant at Regent Hotel
Boston Business Journal - 2:46 PM EST Friday
by Naomi R. Kooker

Journal staff

Regent Hotel Battery Wharf developers announced Friday that 3-star Michelin chef Guy Martin will open his first North American restaurant in the hotel.

The contract puts Martin, chef of the 3 Michelin-star Grand Vefour in Paris, in partnership with developer Harold Theran, vice president of Development Management Corp., who is building the $275 million hotel, slated to open next winter.

The restaurant will be an 80-seat dining venue, featuring Martin's "cuisine sans frontiere" -- cuisine without borders -- and "will help Boston eclipse New York (as a dining capital in the U.S.)," said Theran.

There is no name yet for the restaurant.

Martin was awarded 3 Michelin stars in 2000 at Grand Vefour in Paris. He has published more than a dozen cookbooks.

How long?

So, this can get completed by Dec 2007, as promised?

Wow, they're still erecting steel here? I thought they would have been through by now..

Are they Chinese?

By what calendar will the developer be done by "Fall 2007"?

nice pictures, kz.

in the mock up, what's the story with that rock looking layer? is that really dimension stone, or is that just what it's supposed to look like?

Back