Votes: 6 6.7%
  • 5. Suffolk University's Modern Theatre & Dorms

Votes: 8 9.0%
  • 6. BMC Ambulatory Care Building

Votes: 5 5.6%

• Total voters

briv

Reaction score
Please choose one. Polls close 11:59pm on Feb. 28.

A list of all previous winners can be found here: http://www.archboston.org/awards/

In no particular order:

1. MFA Art of the Americas Wing | Thread
2484967-3493835.jpg

dirtywater_mfa.jpg

2. Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, Yawkey Center for Cancer Care | Thread
dana_farber_kz1000ps.jpg

5283591513_81abd6d800_b.jpg

3. Emerson College's Paramount Center | Thread
emerson-1.jpg

paramount_theater_interior_1.jpg

4. South End Residence, Clarendon & Lawrence | Thread
southend_residence_1.jpg

southend_residence.jpg

5. Suffolk University's Modern Theatre & Dorms | Thread
suffolk_modern_shadow.jpg

TOC_Vanderwarker_85552.jpg

6. BMC Ambulatory Care Building | Thread
bmc_ambulatory_jan_2011_5.jpg

bmc_ambulatory_09232010_2.jpg

DFCC is great, so went with that. I wish there was more to chose from so we could pick up to 3, I would no doubt pick DFCC plus the 2 theaters.

The DFCC was my pick too. It's a beautiful building and a great contribution to this city in the modern era.

Wow and I thought nothing happened this year haha. Good group of projects. The BMC building is surprisingly nice (love the mesh), but the Paramount Center renovation looks amazing and brings some well needed flair to DTX.

Dana Farber. I walked by the MFA's new addition the other day, and it was pretty ugly.

I voted for Paramount, which probably won't surprise many people here.

Should Paramount really be counted as a "new" development?

I never understood all the love for BMC, either. Just looks like a standard modernist box enclosed by an exoskeletal screen window.

Paramount is a reconstruction and an addition, so I think it qualifies, as does Modern.

Much of the old Paramount theatre, and all of the old Modern, was demolished to make way for the new developments. The old Modern's facade was then re-erected in front of the new theatre.

I don't get the love for BMC either. Maybe its a lack of any projects in the city or the area that surrounds it. On its own, weak.

I like that south end residence, but if you're a existing neighbor, aren't you like "That dudes a fuckin asshole"... Prob raises property values tho

I thought Paramount Center would win but didn't think it would be the landslide it was--I thought the MFA would give it a much tougher fight. I was totally surprised at how well the DFCI did.

Back