10 World Trade | BGI Office Tower (Massport Parcel A2) | Seaport

Re: Massport Parcel A2 | Seaport

I'm pretty sure it's at the intersection of Congress and B St. but on the convention center side. The parcel with the curved on-ramp curling around it along World Trade Center Avenue.

c4cf211a-e939-11e8-938e-0aea9d72bed5.jpg

From the Herald:

From the building’s first floor “great hall,” which will include public access up and down from the elevated road next to it that goes to the World Trade Center, a ramp will run over the off-ramp to the neighboring “triangle parcel,” a large, unusually shaped half-acre traffic island along Congress Street where the plan is to build a public community center.

http://www.bostonherald.com/busines...massport_oks_18_story_tower_on_seaport_parcel

This map shows the location of parcel A2

bostonseaportmap.jpg

I love it! Great use of the space.

That is ...something. Yeah, let's go with that. Something.

Another case pointing to your reliable sense of judgement. It's neither good, bad, uninteresting or interesting. It fits the parcel reasonably well.... and there's neither much of anything too close either to edify or insult.

The only possible negatives; 1. the banal public space that no one cares about creates a thankless job for removing the homeless after hours... 2. and the wind tunnel effect will force a longer wait to reverse the onset of frostbite.....

PRE APPROVED

I never see homeless in the seaport. Not sure what that's about but NEVER are there homeless down there.

Bottom looks like that proposed hancock building. Whats that building on the triangular plot next door sandwiched between the on/off ramps?

This was my first thought too. But, I think this is a fine addition to the Seaport. I'm not convinced about those arches yet, we need to see a lot more views but I wonder if they aren't somehow actually structurally driven given the silver line.

And, BBJ says its a design by Sasaki and Elevecture? Elevecture seems to be a panel system company. Does anyone know more?

You can see its open air under the arches with a circular lobby. Cross bracing next floor up. The towers alright Im more curious about the community center next door on that very weird very triangular plot.

Right.

There is one homeless person; he hangs out in what's technically Fort Point but that's close enough for this ..

I never see homeless in the seaport. Not sure what that's about but NEVER are there homeless down there.

And then this part isn't the "overhang" / Parcel D1, correct? It's the "triangle" where the construction offices are for 399 Congress are located, yes?

The development rights went to a team led by John Hynes’ Boston Global Investors, which agreed to pay Massport $120 million for a 99-year lease for the site and access to a nearly half-acre parcel across the street known internally as “the triangle.”

And then this part isn't the "overhang" / Parcel D1, correct? It's the "triangle" where the construction offices are for 399 Congress are located, yes?

The development rights went to a team led by John Hynes’ Boston Global Investors, which agreed to pay Massport $120 million for a 99-year lease for the site and access to a nearly half-acre parcel across the street known internally as “the triangle.”
600ksf is large enough that I'd bet they use the overhang for the main office- the triangle parcel is separate (where the current 399 congress offices are)

I dig this, but I'd also like to see a few more angles. The form reminds me a bit of Oscar Niemeyer; the high-tech elements are very Rogers Stirk Harbour + Partners.

So the building that's shaped exactly like that triangular parcel is NOT going on that parcel, but the on the one across the ramps? Confusing.

Thanks for the photos BL! That intersection is awful, and with increased pedestrian traffic there really should be something done to reduce speeds, especially coming off the highway.

So the building that's shaped exactly like that triangular parcel is NOT going on that parcel, but the on the one across the ramps? Confusing.

Actually, if the 1-story community use building planned for the triangular parcel also mimics that shape, then it sets creates some nice cohesion.

Actually, if the 1-story community use building planned for the triangular parcel also mimics that shape, then it sets creates some nice cohesion.

Seeing the pictures made me question how people are even going to get to the community use building....?

Seeing the pictures made me question how people are even going to get to the community use building....?

The tiniest sliver touches the sidewalk at Congress St at the tip of the triangle. That will be the only means of access:

iHICRVY.png

The tiniest sliver touches the sidewalk at Congress St at the tip of the triangle. That will be the only means of access:

iHICRVY.png

Oh but how nice would it be if they build access down from World Trade Ctr. Ave. using that ramp "overbuild" area...

Oh but how nice would it be if they build access down from World Trade Ctr. Ave. using that ramp "overbuild" area...

I'd hope for a nice landscaped "parkway" over whatever you want to call that "walkway" we got right across the street..

From the Globe article referenced earlier in the thread:

Then there’s that “triangle” parcel, bounded by highway ramps. A single-floor building devoted to civic uses — billed as an innovation and cultural center — would go there, topped with a rooftop park and connected to the office building parcel via a pedestrian bridge.

Back