10 World Trade | BGI Office Tower (Massport Parcel A2) | Seaport

+1.

The render is a childish joke.

I'll take the developer/marketer of this seriously if they grow up and return by RESPECTING the city/audience and not peddle optical illusions.

This was just a snipe hunt.

They do this a lot. The soccer stadium had the skyline backwards.

These were posted by Handel architects IG page on dec 18 as the Passive House design with Peebles corp.

The ground floors look decent enough but the rest looks like that star wars transport where they keep all the androids

Is this parcel A2? If so, kudos for making it less interesting!

Last edited:
Ok nice I just saw it was shared last month by them on IG and was like wtf is this. False alarm.

Just to be clear - this was a losing bid.

https://handelarchitects.com/project/parcel-a2

It does a nice job, however, of showing some of the context with current designs.

For the record, here's Sasaki's page for the winning design:

http://www.sasaki.com/project/478/401-congress-street/

BTW, there's more info coming later this month (though to a select few...)

http://buildingcongress.org/events/details/parcel-a2-seaport-development-45

^Thanks, and now we're finally seeing the spatial-orienting shot I'd craved when Sasaki's design was first revealed:

00000016563.jpg

Finally a perspective that makes sense. Disappointing that it's not using the optional air-right above the pike onramp.

Finally a perspective that makes sense. Disappointing that it's not using the optional air-right above the pike onramp.

I'm a little sad that Sasaki couldn't have hired Handel's render artist. They do a fantastic, honest job with context.

^Thanks, and now we're finally seeing the spatial-orienting shot I'd craved when Sasaki's design was first revealed:

00000016563.jpg

Its pretty nice and definitely unique. So it looks like the spiral staircase in the lobby brings you up to wtc ave, nice touch. Then the first floor of the lobby has an exit that leads to a bridge over the enter/exit ramps at the triangle parcel next door. Whats going there again a community center? Its great that its being developed thats a very restrictive parcel with only a couple of feet between ramps for an entrance. Thats awesome that its going to be developed and it wont just be a grass triangle forever.

Interior
00000016561.jpg

The good thing is the garage will basically be invisible soon too.
https://postimages.org/

It was honestly a good thing to add, because whether we like it or not the transit still sucks and people drive here. Its in a great spot atleast where you pull out of the tunnel, take a right, then your in the garage. It should help vs before where people had to drive around looking for a spot. Its going to be damn near invisible soon too so it worked out well.

Last edited:
The Sasaki is original and interesting but I'd rather have elegant bold versus cartoon bold. Hopefully it turns out well but it could easily end up looking like an unfunny joke.

This area now looks like a Junior or Mini version of the downtown area!! :cool:

It feels contrastingly organic, especially compared to all the existing and impending boxes descending upon the Seaport.

Still hate that parking garage - build it and they will come...poor transit service today is a terrible excuse for building just-as-expensive car infrastructure that will induce driving demand for the decades that it'll exist - but at least as a fully separate structure, there's a possibility of replacing it in the future... and will hopefully keep this building from having any on-site parking so the lobby and street interface are ped friendly.

BTW, the spiral staircase appears to be on the WTC Ave level since the hulking garage is hanging out in the distance, but with the debate about the impossible angles of the renderings... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

My main reservation is the street activation seems lacking in all the renders.

Glassed-in lobbies are miserable for surrounding streets. I think we know better and can do better.

Its pretty nice and definitely unique. So it looks like the spiral staircase in the lobby brings you up to wtc ave, nice touch. Then the first floor of the lobby has an exit that leads to a bridge over the enter/exit ramps at the triangle parcel next door. Whats going there again a community center? Its great that its being developed thats a very restrictive parcel with only a couple of feet between ramps for an entrance. Thats awesome that its going to be developed and it wont just be a grass triangle forever.

Interior
00000016561.jpg

The interior looks extremely similar to the new ISEC building at Northeastern. The spiral staircase, the wide open cafe, the wooden elements...nearly identical.

"Hey. Guy. Make me one of those fancy juices you got going over there."

Back