10 World Trade | BGI Office Tower (Massport Parcel A2) | Seaport

They are really trying to sell that roof park. I don't see that working out. It is such a random location that you'll have to know it's there. Better off being a real building.

I really like the colors, very similar to the color shadings of the MIT Museum/Boeing Building, a building I absolutely love!
4349D31B-DAFA-4434-B243-209C8D0EFB61.png

This park thing is absolutely ridiculous and I love it. It will go nicely on the list that I keep of "cool places to go in the middle of everything where nobody goes", perhaps supplanting the park on World Trade Center Ave in the vicinity. I love the artists rendition of the Congress St. side of the building, where there are almost 30 people hanging out in a place that will visited by exactly nobody who isn't there to light a cigarette. Back to the park though, I just love that it exists. I wish that it would honor the artists hopes and have no barrier at its edge overlooking the street. Now that would be excellent.
Looks closer. There is a barrier. Past the greenery.

This park thing is absolutely ridiculous and I love it. It will go nicely on the list that I keep of "cool places to go in the middle of everything where nobody goes", perhaps supplanting the park on World Trade Center Ave in the vicinity. I love the artists rendition of the Congress St. side of the building, where there are almost 30 people hanging out in a place that will visited by exactly nobody who isn't there to light a cigarette. Back to the park though, I just love that it exists. I wish that it would honor the artists hopes and have no barrier at its edge overlooking the street. Now that would be excellent.

I love this - - it's like a micro-High Line!

What are the percentage odds it gets VE'd out of existence? 70%? 90%?

Last edited:
Sometimes I think it’s three sided even when I know it’s four

Maybe a restaurant or cafe can use the Congress St. plaza for outdoor seating?

Looks closer. There is a barrier. Past the greenery.
The railings on the right belong to the staircase on the other side of Congress St, not the park. Of course this is just a drawing because code would require one, but it looks waay cooler without one, which was my thought.

What are the percentage odds it gets VE'd out of existence? 70%? 90%?
I don't know any of the details but BGI has agreed to a large amount of cultural space at this location, upwards of 100,000 sq ft, with the park being about 40% of that. That says to me at the very least that they are committed to making it an integral part of the building, and so I am cautiously optimistic in regards to it falling to VE death.

The railings on the right belong to the staircase on the other side of Congress St, not the park. Of course this is just a drawing because code would require one, but it looks waay cooler without one, which was my thought.

Nah, look a bit closer to the left of that - there is a very fine net/wall going around the park.

They are really trying to sell that roof park. I don't see that working out. It is such a random location that you'll have to know it's there. Better off being a real building.

I mean.. it is a real building. The park is on the roof of a building, not at ground level on the triangle parcel. So the park is more a way to fill in space that would have been wasted as a roof, vs taking up space that could have been used for something else.

This is a very high quality building design. Especially when compared to the first iteration, that was crap.

This is a very high quality building design. Especially when compared to the first iteration, that was crap.

This is the first iteration. There has been another design posted on here, but that was an RFI response Massport didn't pick.

Is it? Looks like we lost an activated ground floor on the triangle parcel.

Is it? Looks like we lost an activated ground floor on the triangle parcel.

I'm still not clear on how activated it is. In the elevations, there's a swoopy, almost JFK T5-ish element about it with glass on the south side and concrete on the north. I agree that's not likely to be wonderful from the sidewalk, and I kind of wonder why they'd do that.

The function of the triangle parcel has been cagey from the very start. From the DPIR:

The public connection to the Triangle Parcel is provided at both the Congress Street and World Trade Center Avenue Viaduct levels. An exterior ramp at the north point of the Triangle Parcel brings pedestrians from Congress Street up a gentle slope, into an elevated public open space filled with lush vegetation and ample areas for seating and relaxation. A more direct staircase through the same area is another option for those who seek a quicker route. Alternatively, access to the Triangle Open Space from World Trade Center Avenue is available via the land bridge that spans over the ramp system from the Viaduct.

The area below the Triangle Parcel’s elevated public open space can be accessed from the northern prow of the parcel at Congress Street, with wide sidewalks leading to flexible and open public space for the community to use and enjoy.

All approaches to the building and the open space are ADA-compliant and seamlessly navigable between World Trade Center Avenue and Congress Street.

Personally, I think this building would have been a great host for a food hall, either in the atrium or on the triangle parcel. It's positioned at the central hub of the Seaport.

Back