Boston Marathon Bombings Thread

kz1000ps

Reaction score
Fuck...I hope everyone and their friends and families are safe.

Re: Open Thread

My office is near the 26-mile mark on Boylston and we were hosting a marathon party when we heard the first explosion and saw the second one a few hundred feet from us near Atlantic Fish/Max Brenner. Was pure pandemonium, but everyone from my building was okay.

Please be safe everyone.

My brother was injured in this. I'm just shocked.

My thoughts go out to you and your brother, and everyone else affected by this tonight.

Heard everything from my roofdeck.

I hope everyone is okay. My heart goes out to any of the victim.

My brother was injured in this. I'm just shocked.

I'm hoping nothing too severe and he's okay.

Such an awful thing to happen... Doesn't seem real.

I heard one of those killed was 8, and the youngest injured was 3.

I just made a map of the street closures that have been officially reported so far. Expected duration as of now is at least 24 hours. Copley Station shut indefinitely.

554670_4711742671641_148116508_n.jpg

Word is there's a Saudi being questioned at the Brigham.

Word is there's a Saudi being questioned at the Brigham.

"There is NO SUSPECT being questioned at BWH, contrary to what is being widely reported. Let me clear that up now."

Police Commissioner just now during the 8:45PM press conference.

Chris Hadfield is a Canadian astronaut aboard the ISS. This was his final tweet for today:

@Cmdr_Hadfield Chris Hadfield
Tonight's Finale: A somber Spring night in Boston. pic.twitter.com/eXiozObOKR

BH7buv_CUAAiub-.jpg:large

"There is NO SUSPECT being questioned at BWH, contrary to what is being widely reported. Let me clear that up now."

Police Commissioner just now during the 8:45PM press conference.

I saw that and it was as predictable of a response as the absence of the word terrorism. Davis emphatically used the term 'suspect.' The Feds, whose word I'll take any day over some two-bit ex-Lowell cop have said that there is a person of interest being questioned at BWH.

Such sad news. Even after seeing all the images yesterday it still doesn't feel quite real. Wishing the best for the victims and the city of Boston.

Hope everyone's been doing better over the last day or so as we continue to digest what happened Monday.

Last edited:

And now there's an active shooter on the MIT campus. Shooter shot a MIT police officer outside of the Stata Center.

Chaos is enveloping our dear, innocent city.

Not sure why you changed your post. The first version was actually a decent post.

I live and went to school in the hood, believe me, I know. There was a shooting on the WIT campus during my orientation, for goodness sakes. While it's true that violence happens very often in this city, sometimes dozens of shootings per day, those incidents tend to be confined to certain areas. Now we have bombs on Boylston, bomb threats at the Courthouse and a fatal shooting at MIT. The violence is spreading.

Back