Boston Landing | New Balance Complex | Brighton

Logo:
Bill Galvin eyes shadows while smoking his crack pipe.

I just wish it wasnt so damn hilly all around the city and it could be seen from further away. You can see nyc from the friggin tappan zee and miiiiiiles away in New Jersey. You can see Boston from... Newton. 2

NYC is also wayyyyyy huger and wayyyyyy taller, which probably has something to do with its visibility.

However, Boston can be seen from much further away than Newton, if you know where to look. Without even leaving your car you can literally see the skyline when driving past Gillette Stadium on Route 1 North in Foxboro, and again in Walpole. Here's the spot for the second one, just North of where it passes 95 (still South of 95/128), and it's actually very clear and visible in real life. https://www.google.com/maps/@42.142...4!1s7q8hIKJcPCZeLFYMKd-LlA!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

You can also see it from the car off Ocean Ave in Marlborough. I got a sweet view the other day driving up Jerusalem Road/Atlantic Ave in Cohasset.

Supposedly it can be seen from the top of Wachusett Mountain, out near Fitchburg, and also I have (barely) seen it from the top of Mount Monadnock. Another far view is Ward Reservation in Andover. There are a few more that are at slightly further than Newton.

On another note, is this place worth actually stopping and walking around yet? Is it connected at all into the surrounding neighborhood? It hadn't seemed big enough before now to make it a destination.

Theres always gonna be certain places. You can see it all the way out in Mendon too next to the middle school which is reaally far. What Im saying though is having it looming over the trees in the distance no matter where you are if you go outside and look if your anywhere at least around the 95 belt, too hilly though. I love that effect certain cities have though it makes you feel more connected to the city, when your pretty close anyways, where for a ways out you can always see the city over the trees. Flat cities really accentuate this like even Tampa you can see the skyline looming from very far, but theres no hills thats why.

Theres always gonna be certain places. You can see it all the way out in Mendon too next to the middle school which is reaally far. What Im saying though is having it looming over the trees in the distance no matter where you are if you go outside and look if your anywhere at least around the 95 belt, too hilly though. I love that effect certain cities have though it makes you feel more connected to the city, when your pretty close anyways, where for a ways out you can always see the city over the trees. Flat cities really accentuate this like even Tampa you can see the skyline looming from very far, but theres no hills thats why.

Yes you can see downtown Tampa from downtown St. Pete and vice versa.

There's a hill in Hawthorne, NJ or is it Goffle Brook Park....

Anyway, there's a driveway on Goffle Hill Rd (i believe it is), with a view of the whole smash of Manhattan.

The view is TOTALLY beyond belief! The home is pretty ordinary.

But they might have the best view of NYC that possibly exists!

Need to put a good camera in that driveway on a clear FALL day and take pics!

https://www.google.com/maps/place/F...2e9978c8bf5d71!8m2!3d40.9403762!4d-74.1318096

NYC is also wayyyyyy huger and wayyyyyy taller, which probably has something to do with its visibility.

However, Boston can be seen from much further away than Newton, if you know where to look. Without even leaving your car you can literally see the skyline when driving past Gillette Stadium on Route 1 North in Foxboro, and again in Walpole. Here's the spot for the second one, just North of where it passes 95 (still South of 95/128), and it's actually very clear and visible in real life. https://www.google.com/maps/@42.142...4!1s7q8hIKJcPCZeLFYMKd-LlA!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

Yeah and sadly they got rid of the classy Boston View motel in Walpole from that spot :/...now theres a new fancy hotel. Definitely can't see this development, but Four Seasons is looking good even all the way down here.

Dedicated today.

tlumacki_005celticsauerbachcenter_sports.jpg

https://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/...ty-brighton/cg638ArvMy2qymPyd7ZiuI/story.html

Article, other photos ^^^^^^

N0GIQKD.jpg

Take with very small grain of salt but heard roche bros might be a tenant of lantera.

That'd be interesting if true given that another Roche Bros is opening up a mile away at Arsenal Yards. Then again, there are two Whole Foods about the same distance away from each other in Cambridge.

And there is a Stop and Shop a few hundred feet away that's about to get a major make over. Roche Bros just doesn't make a lot of sense here--and there are plenty of places it would.

That'd be interesting if true given that another Roche Bros is opening up a mile away at Arsenal Yards. Then again, there are two Whole Foods about the same distance away from each other in Cambridge.

N0GIQKD.jpg

Take with very small grain of salt but heard roche bros might be a tenant of lantera.

Most definitely not. That would be a violation of NB Development's purchase of the land from Stop and Shop, which put a restriction on the land for 30 years from the 03/30/2016 purchase date. NB (really Rail Spur LLC) is not allowed to lease to a supermarket or anything similar. The 30 year restriction also has options for 3 more 20 year extensions, so as long as Stop and Shop is there, no way will Roche Brothers be there.

The landscaping put in at the hotel site looks rather more permanent than temporary, the trees are pretty big for just place-holding.

Auerbach Center isn't perfect but it is a winner. The rotated floor sections add some welcome energy.

Parking lot doesnt seem to have an entrance or exit?

Back