Boston's very own Supercar--

kz1000ps

Reaction score
Well, sorta. Rapier Automotive is the company, and they take this kit car from Detroit, add a GM smallblock V8, throw a few Rapier (great name, btw) badges on it and then sell it on Ebay for $179,000. It's all very interesting, but these pics killed it for me:

02-rapier-sl-c.jpg

06-rapier-sl-c.jpg

04-rapier-sl-c.jpg

07-rapier-sl-c.jpg

03-rapier-sl-c.jpg

05-rapier-sl-c.jpg

Maybe I'm reading into them too far, but those images are speaking volumes on the state of Boston....

And a couple of the interior:

rapierint.jpg

Most supercar interiors are bare-bones affairs, but this doesn't make sense: they go through the trouble of putting in leather and other non-essential luxury bits, but don't bother to make anything look like it fits together....

rapierint2.jpg

Either my supercar interior is go-kart spartan or it's in Aston Martin territory... no in-between BS.

Looks like a terrible perversion of a Koenigsegg CCGT. Can't say I'm a big fan of the Rapier, but props to any Boston company getting anything done.

To be honest, I would rather have a used f430/Gallardo.

Bentley's NA headquarters is located in Boston as well.

New plan for the Seaport: no longer just a giant parking lot, but a giant concept car parking lot.

kennedy said:
Looks like a terrible perversion of a Koenigsegg CCGT.

I'd say it looks like a generic take on any Le Mans-style car.... nothing new or memorable here.

I'm looking for some investors to revive the Stanley Motor Carriage Company, if anyone is interested, PM me.

There was an article in the globe last fall ( I think) talking about how a car made in Stoneham MA did a cross country race with a Model T. Ford (company, don't think Henry drove) had to cheat to win, but obviously it didn't stop Ford from changing America and Detroit.

I'm looking for some investors to revive the Stanley Motor Carriage Company, if anyone is interested, PM me.

The Brits have been buying up lots of them. Guess they never got over the demise of the Trevick. Many running Stanleys nowadays are faked "bitsas" (bits of this and bits of that) with not much Stanley in them. "School of Stanley" I guess. Anyway, some of my pals who own these cars were going to ship a couple over to China to be copied and produced in series as "Stan Lees" for resale at 75k a pop.

Back