The Bon | 1260 Boylston Street | Fenway

Im very interested to see the materials on this one. The renders make the building look very very average, but well have to see what they do with the facade. It has potential with good materials.

Today 7/13
7DAB78A9-4E52-46B7-8190-5D5A6F77736F.jpeg

Wow, gas is expensive in Boston.
It's about 15 cents more in the city than in the suburbs. I just got back from Chicago and everywhere there is well over $4 even for 87. NY metro area is also around $4 and up. Cali is close to $5, so Boston isn't all that expensive unless you're comparing it to somewhere rural.

I'm surprised that this is all cast-in-place. If I'm not mistaken, all the other mid-rises of this scale along this stretch of Boylston have been concrete cores with steel. The Pierce was cast-in-place, but that's of a different scale.

This project has been picking up pace in the last week or two.

I'm surprised that this is all cast-in-place. If I'm not mistaken, all the other mid-rises of this scale along this stretch of Boylston have been concrete cores with steel. The Pierce was cast-in-place, but that's of a different scale.
It is fairly unusual for a midrise around here to use concrete, wonder if the currently record high steel prices might have had an impact on that decision

I doubt it because these things are planned out years in advance and go through review processes, approvals..etc. To have been able to change the entire structure of a tower from steel to concrete to meet the current prices they would have had to have predicted it a year plus out and made the changes then and went through the processes to meet a supply chain issue happening now.

Residential uses concrete for its better sound dampening and the reduced dead space between floors.

Im really interested to see how this facade turns out. I like the green accents and how it steps downward but in the close up shots it kinda looks like cardboard. Its hard to make out what its supposed to be because of the render resolution, if its black brick itll look good, but if its black party panels or concrete it may look iffy. Cant wait to see how it ends up.

046125C0-8579-4693-8F6F-AB724B448752.jpeg

D1B2CC27-55FC-4D19-B07E-6A0D2A19E78A.jpeg

A151CA91-7BC9-4412-A686-A7D36AF3304D.jpeg

https://www.gensler.com/projects/scape-boylston

Last edited:

Back