BRA meeting: Sullivan Square Disposition Study

Matthew

Reaction score
Sullivan Square Disposition Study

Thursday, May 16th, 6:30 PM – 8:30 PM [NOTE: MEETING BEGINS AT 6:30 PM]
Schrafft’s Center Cafeteria
529 Main Street, Charlestown

Project Description: The purpose of the Sullivan Square Disposition Study is to build upon the Boston Transportation Department’s roadway plan for Sullivan Square. As part of the study, there will be a community-based planning and visioning exercise to determine appropriate uses, and the character of new development and open space in Sullivan Square. The May 16th meeting is the first in a series of monthly public meetings.

The ultimate goal of the Sullivan Square Disposition Study is to enhance the area through the creation of a Disposition Plan for publicly-owned development parcels that will be created by the new roadway alignment.

The Disposition Plan will include urban development guidelines for use, design, streetscape and open space for new parcels created by roadway realignment. In addition, the Disposition Plan will include a market analysis to support the successful disposal of public land in a manner consistent with community goals for the future of Sullivan Square. All interested parties are invited to attend this public meeting.

Project Webpage: http://tinyurl.com/SullivanDisposition

I'll be selfish here and say the ultimate "disposition" of Sullivan Square will determine how tens of thousands of Somerville residents (my town) relates to Charlestown and downtown Boston. As a runner, dog-walker, cyclist, and overall amicable ambler I want to be more connected to Boston from Somerville. There are only two pedestrian paths to downtown from north of the Fitchburg line: McGrath/OBrien and through Sullivan Square. Both are aggressively anti-human scale. I hope to make the meeting!

Back