Brunswick Development

TC_zoid

Reaction score
Nope. I'm not putting my luxury toys in this crowded complex of mediocrity. And if they can't spend a few more dollars on the images, then it's bogus. Simply calling it a place for the rich to live does not make it that. (Google "Porsche Design Tower in Miami." -- the real deal.)

W-4

Reaction score
If you read three paragraphs into the article, you''ll see this:

If all goes as planned, the scrambling will be over sometime this fall. McClure, of GenX Capital Partners, is in the final approval steps of Motor Toys Luxury Vehicle Storage, at 105 Farley Road. The Cook's Corner 30-unit self-storage building like no other in Maine, or maybe even the upper East Coast.
This isn't "a place for the rich to live". It's a fancy storage unit complex.

markhb

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm thinking you get off your NetJet, your help have already gotten the Lambo out of the unit and ready to go, right on the tarmac, and you head straight on up to your place on Penobscot Bay or the Midcoast.

TC_zoid

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm thinking you get off your NetJet, your help have already gotten the Lambo out of the unit and ready to go, right on the tarmac, and you head straight on up to your place on Penobscot Bay or the Midcoast.
Or, like John Travolta does at his Florida mansion (he did have a place in Maine with his now deceased wife), taxi the 737 up to the house. I'm guessing he's traded in his ancient 707.
https://www.velvetropes.com/backstage/john-travolta-house

Last edited:

Tom Nevers

Reaction score
Photos depict progress on the Citizen at Union and Pleasant and the Tontine Mall at Maine and School. The latter is an especially cool project as it added two stories of residential to an existing structure.
98021D7E-C932-40D2-93B1-107DD5FBC113.jpeg
3413CCDB-D107-4524-BAC0-58FFFB0B0298.jpeg
DBC98926-EDA5-4814-93AC-DCBACD13455D.jpeg

Tom Nevers

Reaction score

TC_zoid

Reaction score
Bowdoin has built some beautiful and notable buildings of late; the Passive House dorms, the Roux Center for the Environment, and now the Arctic Studies buildings. I see only bigger and more prestigious things for this school (the train tether to Boston is key).

Last edited:

Dr. StrangeHat

Reaction score
Hard to tell from the pictures, but are those LVLs for the rafters or giant timbers?