Lot LM is being prepared for something, look at October vs September photos

September
Screenshot 2023-11-08 at 9.12.46 AM.png

October
Screenshot 2023-11-08 at 9.13.18 AM.png

Map
Screenshot 2023-11-08 at 9.16.19 AM.png

Last edited:
Last rendition I can find. from 2017. Looking from the pedestrian bridge in the park, I think the 20 Childs Street residence is the one in the back/ middle with Parcel L&M immediately to the left.

Untitled.png

Last rendition I can find. from 2017. Looking from the pedestrian bridge in the park, I think the 20 Childs Street residence is the one in the back/ middle with Parcel L&M immediately to the left.

View attachment 44292

This is what the most recent version has looked like for a while now. It also lines up with the massing in AndreyD’s masterplan photo above. Who knows if its what will eventually get built, but at the moment this is the most up to date massing/render of the building.
1999DCW-CX-Aerial-V07_email.jpg

https://www.cbtarchitects.com/project/cambridge-crossing-master-plan

This is what the most recent version has looked like for a while now. It also lines up with the massing in AndreyD’s masterplan photo above. Who knows if its what will eventually get built, but at the moment this is the most up to date massing/render of the building.
1999DCW-CX-Aerial-V07_email.jpg

https://www.cbtarchitects.com/project/cambridge-crossing-master-plan
That's amazing. I love how there's a dip with a terrace in between the new residential towers. Adds to the park/wetlands feel and leaves a line of sight to the building behind it which is one of my favs. This neighborhood is becoming exceptional.

An excavator was loading dirt into a dump truck on Q2 this morning. They may only have been clearing out debris to make room for snow.

That old residential building in the foreground with the random, broken up lines is the ugliest building Ive every seen. CX is doing a decent job of incorporating it
That building is only a few years old. I nominate it to be the Legos Headquarters.

Can't wait until the Mystic power plant and the gas tanks in Everett are redeveloped and gone. Such an eye sore.

Can't wait until the Mystic power plant and the gas tanks in Everett are redeveloped and gone. Such an eye sore.
Haha - I love the old industrial masonry (not the gas tanks), but the huge glass boxes in Northpoint hold no design value whatsoever to me- they literally reflect to avoid needing any character themselves. If only this development had tried a cohesive neighborhood aesthetic besides "STERILITY"

The preparation was for mid term stasis. They did it twice in 2023. I spoke with DivCo: there is no plan yet for LM, which could serve as the site's signature property (its status has flipped to "open" from commercial).

Lot LM is being prepared for something, look at October vs September photos

September

Fun fact: those three stepped cowlings atop Zinc are very well illuminated: in any color. They blazed for the first week the building was open nearly a decade ago. Then, some Glassworks Condos folks complained (police calls) and ... they haven't illuminated since.

(Apologies for replying to dated postings: I have been away for a while.)

That building is only a few years old. I nominate it to be the Legos Headquarters.

Back