Can we please...

BostonUrbEx

Reaction score
Can we please finally get a Greater Portland forum now? I enjoy having such active discussions of Portland activity on our forums and I think we should help foster and encourage more of it.

Yey? Neigh?

Who wants a Greater Portland forum? This is the first I've heard of it.

I know the Greater NE forum has a lot of Portlanders. If you guys want a designated forum just say so.

It might be good to get all the Portland stuff in one place (there's much).

I agree. There's so much Portland and it gets mixed in.

archportland.org?

no offense, but i'd love to be able to filter out the non-boston topics from "new posts" when i look at it

I'm cool with the idea. I think by far Portland get more traffic here than Manchester, Burlington and New Bedford combined. Another suggestion could be breaking the Greater Boston forum down into either States (Maine cities, NH cities, etc...) or the major metros in them (ie - Portland and surrounding area/Portland and Southern Maine, Burlington and Metro). As for an ArchPortland.org, I think it would be too much. Though I am a huge fan of the Greater Boston forum, I still like to wander over to the Boston side to see what's going on there also.

I'm cool with the idea. I think by far Portland get more traffic here than Manchester, Burlington and New Bedford combined. Another suggestion could be breaking the Greater Boston forum down into either States (Maine cities, NH cities, etc...) or the major metros in them (ie - Portland and surrounding area/Portland and Southern Maine, Burlington and Metro). As for an ArchPortland.org, I think it would be too much. Though I am a huge fan of the Greater Boston forum, I still like to wander over to the Boston side to see what's going on there also.

I think the idea of forums for Greater Portland, Greater Manchester and so forth (or something like that) would be a great idea. The states could work, too, but there are areas where state boundaries mean less--new developments in Kittery, for instance, have a lot more to do with Portsmouth/NH Seacoast than Portland; New Bedford and Fall River might be more Metro Providence than Mass-related (though I can't say for sure); and I could see an argument for (and also against) grouping cities on both sides of the NH and Mass border into a Merrimack Valley forum.

Portland definitely gets the most discussion of any city in the Greater New England forum, and it would be nice to be able to easily find discussions about specific cities other than Boston, but I'll also miss the discussions about shared issues and ideas between all of New England's smaller cities once there are more specific forums.

Back