Plan Nubian Square Parcel P-3 (née Tremont Crossing) | Roxbury

Not even fences up as promised in the most recent article. Literally no change except the weeds growing taller

It said next month, that was August 1st, so sometime in september we (hopefully) should finally see this thing get going. Its now september so keep your eyes open for movement and lets hope this thing finally gets off the ground. Anytime now...

Not even fences up as promised in the most recent article. Literally no change except the weeds growing taller

Idk I walked by earlier this week and I thought it looked like the weeds had actually been cut for the first time.

Don't want to get anyone too excited, but I walked by the site Saturday and like Dave said it has been cleared of a lot of the vegitation. I'm not sure if this is a good sign because there is no indication of your normal project site prep. No field offices, construction fences, jersey barriers, or earth moving equipment.

IMG_1562 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr

IMG_1564 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr

IMG_1570 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr

We can only HOPE!!!!

I mean its been reported to start in september and nobody has even touched the weeds in years.... soooo it is something lol. Fingers crossed.

Didn't I read part of this lot was formerly a gas station? Does EPA or anyone need to do their thing before actual prep?

I would think that the demolition of the old health center building would be the next step.

From Bee's pics the site doesn't even look like it's in a city.
What happens when we prioritize highways over people...this is just one of the many scars left over from the failed innerbelt, a very persistent scar at that.

What happens when we prioritize highways over people...this is just one of the many scars left over from the failed innerbelt, a very persistent scar at that.
Dave -- I think you missed the point which was directly under your nose

The Innerbelt didn't fail -- it was cancelled affirmatively
Indeed it's cancellation was the very thing that you seem to be inveighing against -- Gov. Sargent prioritized people over highways -- for the first time or thereabouts in US history -- they didn't build the innerbelt and now there is an opportunity to finish the job that Gov Sargent started 40 or so years ago

This site is essentially another Kendall Sq. after the NASA Electronics Center was cancelled -- it has also taken about 40 years to come to fruition -- with MIT starting to redevelop the Volpe site

Dave -- I think you missed the point which was directly under your nose

The Innerbelt didn't fail -- it was cancelled affirmatively
Indeed it's cancellation was the very thing that you seem to be inveighing against -- Gov. Sargent prioritized people over highways -- for the first time or thereabouts in US history -- they didn't build the innerbelt and now there is an opportunity to finish the job that Gov Sargent started 40 or so years ago

This site is essentially another Kendall Sq. after the NASA Electronics Center was cancelled -- it has also taken about 40 years to come to fruition -- with MIT starting to redevelop the Volpe site
It was cancelled, and my comment was not inveighing against the highway not being built but the destruction that happened due to the planning of the highway itself. The fact is, much of Roxbury was destroyed regardless if the highway was finally built or not. That is a scar. I highly doubt any of the residents that live in this area think this should be another Kendall Square...and the P3 plan does not suggest anything close to something along those lines.

"much of Roxbury was destroyed" No need to exaggerate. Roxbury is a large neighborhood. Most of the area demolished was industrial, not residential.

20191008_142146.jpg

This project was dead to me once they not only lowered the heights, but widened the buildings into impenetrable walls. 1 Partners building (Assembly) is more than enough for the whole city. I hate the way that building essentially blocks off an entire neighborhood. Good riddance to this one. We didn't need a couple of 275' huge wall buildings. These were the most overbearing proportions possible and I'd rather they keep a dirt lot of nothing than build this crap.

Back