Canobie is gettin a new coaster

Thank Jesus, they need it... I may actually go there this summer now, it better be good! I hope it takes the line away from the Corkscrew and Yankee Cannonball, too.

Looks pretty cool. I haven't been to Canobie since 2007, but I think it's a great, smaller amusement park. It also happens to be where my grandparents met, so I'm somewhat indebted to it in that way.

We are New Englanders, and although the Dunkin Donut commercials don't say this, Bostonians and other locals are not complete without childhood memories of Canobie.

But the park is getting a bit old and all the rides are repetitive since I have been on each about a million times. Since 2007 I think the park has stayed fairly unchanged. They added a swinging spinner flying saucer ride (very good since it is one of the more intense rides there) and I think also they made the entrance nicer, but this may have already been there in 2007.

This ride is being built over the catering area (I hate that area) but looks like it is going to be a good designed ride that looks nice too. Very excited.

I haven't been to Canobie in years. The only reason is because it's worth it to drive a little further to Six Flags to ride Bizarro, Batman, Mind Eraser, etc. Canobie has never had the rides to compete. This is a game changer. I'll certainly be going t least once to try it out. If it's any good, I'll be back.

Yeah, I live here in Salem, but Canobie has been lacking with the rides, however (with the exception of food) it is a heck of a lot cheaper, and IMO Canobie is a lot nicer with their gardens, cleanliness and not tacky.

Free parking, entrance is half the cost of Six Flags NE at $26 I believe? and no charge for bags in those stupid lockers!

But yes, the rides are just not the same. I really think that the corkscrew should be knocked down and as well as the water park (castaway Island) and replaced with a larger more elaborate rollercoaster. That Castaway island and also those little kids rides (dino bounce or something) near there are so hardly used wen I go and the corkscrew is so dang short!

Back