Common Boston Festival 2009

JohnAKeith

Reaction score
Common Boston 09 Weekend!
Designing a Livable City for Families
A community celebration of architecture and design
June 17 - 21, 2009

Welcome to a celebration of our built environment ? the streets, landscapes, buildings, and neighborhoods that make us distinctive. The Common Boston 09 festival provides an opportunity for all of us to engage with new places and to interact with the people who shape the city. During our tours, discussions, open buildings, and student exhibition, we invite you to take a fresh look at Boston, to understand its history and imagine its future.

Events are taking place during th weekend of June 19th at four "Common Points" around Boston!

* Chinatown
* Fort Point
* Peabody Square (Ashmont)
* Jamaica Plain

Welcome to a celebration of our built environment?the streets, landscapes, buildings, and neighborhoods that make us distinctive. The Common Boston 09 festival provides an opportunity for all of us to engage with new places and to interact with the people who shape the city. During our tours, discussions, open buildings, and student exhibition, we invite you to take a fresh look at Boston, to understand its history and imagine its future.

All events are free and open to the public.

Details: http://commonboston.org/cb09/

I moved John's original event post here because I added a bunch of individual events of this festival to the calendar.

Some interesting things happening this year. Anyone planning on attending?

A pdf containing the full schedule can be downloaded here: http://www.commonboston.org/cb09/cb09WEB.pdf

I'm planning on being at the Chalk One Up event on Thursday, as well as the Cities for Families meeting that night. Then, on Sunday, I plan on doing most of the Fort Point tours and such-Box City, "Fort Point Channel: Boston's New Central Park," the Experience Design Tour, and the Live/Work Downtown FP3 tour. Let me know if you'll be at any of these.

Back