Constellation Center | 43 Thorndike St | East Cambridge

This is a lab developer, so... no.
I hate it, but I will be surprised if they break 300 ft, assuming they go full lab. That is the height of the Center for Life Sciences in Longwood which is about as tall as lab goes as far as I am aware.

^^^The Longwood lab is actually something like 348' to the top of the lit up crown. The lower number is just the occupied floor bs that we always see initially. So technically we should be able to build labs upwards of ~350' at least.

I'm not sure what the correct address of this lot is, but it's definitely not "43 Thorndike St"

I think "curated" is the buzz word of this decade. It's starting to get very annoying... :cautious:

I'm not sure what the correct address of this lot is, but it's definitely not "43 Thorndike St"

I think "curated" is the buzz word of this decade. It's starting to get very annoying... :cautious:

The correct address is 585 Third Street, but I was waiting to point that out until we had proposal documents.

They should go taller than the Hancock, right here. Time for Cambridge to show some 21st century guts! No real FAA issues, shadow on the parks, chapter 91, adjacent historical neighborhoods, or any other litany of problems I can think of that plague so many other sites. So... let's say 850' residential with a major public component on the bottom 5-6 levels, plus an observation deck at the top!
I miss Odurandina's totally unhinged exuberance already.

I think the plan will also involve the (expensive) relocation of the gas infrastructure. That may eat up the community benefits.
Random & Equilibria -- I think together you're just off the target

My guess -- relocate the gas pipes & include in the structure a Kresge Little Theatre [200 seats but a good stage] -- maybe a restaurant with Summer plaza seats -- that the public benefits

For the developer zoning change allowing a Bio/Lab space of about 200,000 sq ft. -- with at least some big floors -- perhaps Planned Development incorporating some of their other property

Probably a small version of the New Volpe

Back