Cottonwood Mixed-Use Development | Dorchester Avenue at Old Colony Avenue | South Boston

Equilibria

Reaction score

This is the flatiron site at the intersection of Dot Ave and Old Colony. Cottonwood developed Eschelon in the Seaport.

Here's hoping!:

"The city in 2016 highlighted the stretch of Dorchester Avenue between the Broadway and Andrew MBTA stations as an area that could house denser, taller buildings, and projects to create them are starting to move forward." (from the article posted above).

"The city in 2016 highlighted the stretch of Dorchester Avenue between the Broadway and Andrew MBTA stations as an area that could house denser, taller buildings, and projects to create them are starting to move forward." (from the article posted above).

I'm of two minds about this. On the one hand :love:! The city is creating new urban space to experience. On the other hand 😔! The city is losing the cozy, compact feel that's one of things I love about it. As usual, there always has to be a trade-off.

Still, I'll go with the new urban space.

I feel that way, too, that Boston is starting to feel like a much bigger city, leaving it all the more challenging to really know the entire city on a personal level. Pluses and minuses to that, but on balance, probably a good thing.

Interesting quote in that article:

“We are so bullish on Boston,” Shing said. “We are betting on the city. And if COVID is any indication, it’s a challenging time for everyone. But it also kind of reaffirms Boston’s place as where the smartest people, the most innovative people, come to live and work.”

Is he laying it on a little thick for the Globe? Maybe. Still good to hear the president of LA investment firm say that.

Back