Danforth on High

cneal

Reaction score
Local developer Peter Bass expects to break ground on this 26 unit condo building this spring. With smaller unit sizes and reduced parking, the prices should be affordable to first-time homebuyers. Unfortunately, these innovative features required a long detour through the city's planning regulations, but he expects final approval later this month.

Preconstruction prices range from $145K to $272K, plus 20K if you want to buy a parking space (eg, a motor vehicle storage unit). That works out to a monthly home payment of about $1200 a month, including taxes and condo fees.

corner_view.jpg

high_view.jpg

I'm not a big fan of the design but I still think it's a very nice project. I assume it will be on the small vacant lot in the middle here...

dathmg8.jpg

This affordable housing project is going in on the same street too, hopefully. The spot for it appears to be in the parking lot 4 houses to the right (of the intersetction with) High St. Go Danforth Street!

pszanton011608webvy4.jpg

Last edited:
I like the design of the first one. Only complaint would be that the front brick part looks too blocky and takes away from the rest of it.

Correct me if I'm wrong....but it looks like the original sketch for the project was up the street a little. From where the parking lot is in the center of the above aerial picture (where it appears the latest design is going), go east on Danforth 3 to 4 houses down. Those same houses are in the original sketch. Besides that, this building doesn't look to bad. It could use some more balonies.

One of these is going right on the corner of Danforth & High, right? In the old dirt parking lot that USM used for their High Street offices across the street? This spot has been in the works to be redeveloped for what seems like a decade.

It will be good to get some high density housing on that stretch of Danforth between High Street and 5 Corners. It's a great area to live but those few blocks are rife with dirt parking lots and old, vacant brick housing.

Back