Dorchester Avenue Redevelopment | South Boston

xec

Reaction score
The Dorchester Avenue discussion on the Future Skyline thread gave me the idea of starting a thread for tracking developments along Dot Ave. There's a couple of proposals in the pipeline which have been mentioned in the South Boston thread but I think it will be useful to collect them here for easy reference. This thread would function like the generic Searport District thread, but just for general discussion of Dot Ave development. Significant projects would eventually get their own individual threads, as is done with the Seaport projects.

V5RSdZJ.png

euhUSbp.jpg

fylVkz6.jpg

epW9CaU.jpg

tYUosTK.jpg

248 Dorchester Avenue

Eight story hotel with 159 rooms.

cXTz5En.jpg

u52m13G.jpg

iR7UbB5.jpg

270 Dorchester Avenue

Eight story residential building with 150 residential units and 6K sf retail.

JysoGMZ.jpg

YRSdJpB.jpg

J1PI3wB.jpg

I wonder if they will ever try to redevelop Widett Circle? Would be a good extension of this area (once its developed of course).

Anyway 14 West is sort of part of this.

Wil this happen in the next 5 years? Or 20.

I really don't understand why they intend to make that brownfield the "open space"

This is the perfect spot thats close to downtown, the south end, seaport and between two transit stations. The reopened dot ave is going to be a major corridor. Its gonna be cool seeing the “skyline” moving outwards away from the back bay and downtown.

Last edited:

Back