EVEN MORE cool new feautures on Gmaps

kz1000ps

Reaction score
For those of you who still use Google Maps (versus Earth), there's a subtle-yet-effective new look to the "map" screen. They did this in all the areas where 3D Buildings exist in Google Earth. I think it looks really nice

bostongmapuo1.png

nowhere near as cool, or as hard-drive consuming, as local.live.com 's 3D maps

Boy these guys don't rest... there's now a fourth view option: "Traffic"

gmapzkb6.png

"You guys are killing me with all of these cool new features!"

What exactly do the green and red on the map mean? Is green faster than what isn't marked? Is it slightly slower? How slow is red? Any idea?

I looked on Google and couldn't come up with anything.

I think it's just a general congestion map. Green means all clear and Red means stop and go.

from Google's blog:

Stuck in traffic?

2/28/2007 09:01:00 AM
Posted by David Wang, Software Engineer

There's nothing worse than getting stuck in traffic when you have some place to go, so I'm happy to tell you about a new feature on Google Maps that can help. For more than 30 major U.S. cities, you can now see up-to-date traffic conditions to help you plan your schedule and route. If you're in San Francisco, New York , Chicago, Dallas, or any of the other cities we now include, just click on the traffic button to show current traffic speeds directly on the map. If your route shows red, you're looking at a stop-and-go commute; yellow, you could be a little late for dinner; green, you've got smooth sailing.

We can't make traffic go away, but we hope Google Maps traffic info helps you avoid it whenever possible.

http://googleblog.blogspot.com/2007/02/stuck-in-traffic.html

no data? That's the only logical explanation I can think of.

Back