Everett Infill and Small Developments

Theres also the sofia proposed for Everett as well.

1702673439893.png

Came across this project which had never been posted.

657 Broadway

1708075894259.jpeg

1708075915412.jpeg

18-Unit Multifamily in Planning for Broadway in Everett​

“Plans are under review for a multifamily apartment building at 657 Broadway in Everett. filed plans calling for a 6-story, 18 unit project at the site. The project would feature 6 parking spaces.”

https://www.bldup.com/posts/18-unit-multifamily-in-planning-for-broadway-in-everett

Regarding the above, here's a tiny update from the Everett Independent from September 2023:

"the Planning board heard from the attorney for a proposed 18-unit apartment complex at 657 Broadway. The attorney stated that the applicant has hired a new architect to review and revise the project and will be back before the Planning Board later in the fall."

Just found this one too:

1708086610765.png

295 Chelsea St, Everett.

From the Everett Independent: "The board also heard a proposal for a 27-unit multifamily dwelling with podium parking at 295 Chelsea St. There is currently a two-story dwelling on the 12,718 square foot parcel. Five of the units in the proposal would be designated as affordable.

The project received ZBA dimensional relief in 2021. Planning Board members had questions and suggestions as to the aesthetics to the building, which the applicant received and will take under advisement for his next appearance before the board on Oct. 2."

The Globe covers the housing "boom" in Everett (only in the context of the Boston metro, certainly not national standards). A lot of discussion about how expensive new units are, and typical worrying about displacement and gentrification, but as usual with these types of stories, little to no evidence displacement is happening, no discussion of rent trends for older housing stock, very little hard data at all except for # of new units and % of growth vs. 2010. The Globe seems to love vibes-based real estate reporting.

The Globe covers the housing "boom" in Everett (only in the context of the Boston metro, certainly not national standards). A lot of discussion about how expensive new units are, and typical worrying about displacement and gentrification, but as usual with these types of stories, little to no evidence displacement is happening, no discussion of rent trends for older housing stock, very little hard data at all except for # of new units and % of growth vs. 2010. The Globe seems to love vibes-based real estate reporting.

My eye twitches every time I read an up-liked comment about new developments in metro Boston that are “overpriced,” as if fundamental economics don’t exist. It’s pretty darn foolish to claim nobody can afford to live in new buildings that get 95% leased within 14 months of opening.

As an Everett resident, I agree that state investment should favor communities that pull their weight to address regional and statewide priorities, highest of which is of course the housing shortage. To Everett’s credit, city staff have initiated and advocated for transportation infrastructure investment to be prioritized for state and federal aid investment. But if anyone else feels that decision makers should be further prioritizing and expediting these investments in Everett, then they should be submitting public comments to the Boston MPO, not wasting their time hitting a like button on the Globe comment section.

My eye twitches every time I read an up-liked comment about new developments in metro Boston that are “overpriced,” as if fundamental economics don’t exist. It’s pretty darn foolish to claim nobody can afford to live in new buildings that get 95% leased within 14 months of opening.

As an Everett resident, I agree that state investment should favor communities that pull their weight to address regional and statewide priorities, highest of which is of course the housing shortage. To Everett’s credit, city staff have initiated and advocated for transportation infrastructure investment to be prioritized for state and federal aid investment. But if anyone else feels that decision makers should be further prioritizing and expediting these investments in Everett, then they should be submitting public comments to the Boston MPO, not wasting their time hitting a like button on the Globe comment section.
To me, Everett is doing it right. There are mistakes made, sure, and Rome wasn't built is a day, but come hell or high water the city government and people of Everett are getting it done. They're welcoming new housing development on a large scale, while many other environs of the Boston area just freeze and clutch their pearls.

To me, Everett is doing it right. There are mistakes made, sure, and Rome wasn't built is a day, but come hell or high water the city government and people of Everett are getting it done. They're welcoming new housing development on a large scale, while many other environs of the Boston area just freeze and clutch their pearls.
I agree, and they are doing it in the context of a state environment that does not make it easy to build higher-density housing (very local zoning control, limited regional planning with any teeth). And Everett is doing everything they can to advocate for more transit in the area being rapidly developed (they cannot make that happen on their own).

Came across this project which had never been posted.

657 Broadway

View attachment 47662

View attachment 47663

18-Unit Multifamily in Planning for Broadway in Everett​

“Plans are under review for a multifamily apartment building at 657 Broadway in Everett. filed plans calling for a 6-story, 18 unit project at the site. The project would feature 6 parking spaces.”

https://www.bldup.com/posts/18-unit-multifamily-in-planning-for-broadway-in-everett
This is quite nice. More like this, please.

The Artemes (396 residential units) under construction on Norman Street & Air Force Road near Night Shift Brewing and just a stone’s throw from the Northern Strand Trail. The scale of this is impressive. Daylight shots are right from the bike trail —

IMG_1150.jpeg
IMG_1149.jpeg
IMG_1177.jpeg

376 3rd Street Update 04/10/24

120 Unit Multifamily Advances in Everett​

Plans have been unanimously approved for a multifamily project at 376 Third Street in Everett. The development will feature 120 units, a mix of studio, 1 & 2 bedrooms. Plans also include a fitness center and recreation room.

376 third

https://www.bldup.com/posts/120-unit-multifamily-advances-in-everett

Back