Expanding on the Seaport (Fort Point)

stick n move

Superstar
Reaction score
Now that much of the fan pier/seaport parcels are built, under construction, or proposed, I wanted to look at a realistic way to expand the street grid further inland along the Fort Point Channel. This idea takes existing roads and extends them also adding in new roads. I added two bridges that would connect to dot ave (once the post office moves). Pedestrian bridges could also be added. It also has Anthony's pier 4 type establishments directly on the water with docks. The harborwalk would also be extended along the front of these establishments. Further on down the line depending on the Gillette situation the corner where fort point turns and goes under the dot bridge could be a circular area with bars,restaurants, docks as well.

This shows that there is still plenty of room to build here, and when we do it needs to be smart and to expand upon the existing street grid to work best. They could pave these roads now establish the grid that is going to be used and put these parcels up for sale, immediately doubling the amount of land they could put up for sale in the area. Whenever I look at the Fort Point channel I see huge potential. Waterfront real estate is extremely valuable, is beneficial to the public, and is underutilized in this area. There is unlimited possibilities for this area that are untapped and this could become an incredible piece of the city.

Last edited:
Most of the plans I have seen previously do not attempt to connect it to the surrounding area in the same way.

fpcpk640.jpg

Last edited:
This is the 100 acres plan, unless it's been superseded by something else

92dc9511-ac94-4437-b5a7-a25e1187f9df

Looks like there would be a pedestrian (?) bridge at least...

I don't think this scheme is half bad, except that the "greenway" would seem to be have been more usefully planned as going down A Street, rather than perpendicular.

Back