Fenway Residence Inn (ACE Tickets) | 121 Brookline Ave | Fenway

JohnAKeith

Reaction score
ace.png

Brookline Ave. project switches to hotel from office
By Thomas Grillo, Boston Herald
Monday, November 1, 2010

A developer that won approval for a six-story office and lab facility on Brookline Avenue in 2007 now wants to build a 183-room extended stay hotel at the location.

Boylston Properties has notified the Boston Redevelopment Authority that it is seeking approval for a hotel that will include 6,300 square feet of ground-floor retail and underground parking.

The project site, at the corner of Brookline and Burlington avenues near Fenway Park, currently features a single-story retail building leased to Ace Ticket.

The building would be demolished and replaced with a ?high quality facility that will contribute to the vitality of the Fenway neighborhood and the strength of the overall Boston economy,? according to the plan filed with the city.

Boylston Properties was the co-developer of Trilogy, a luxury apartment building in the Fenway neighborhood.

Re: 121 Brookline Ave (ACE Tickets)

If you're going to attract visitors to the park, then you need a new hotel.

I'm sure that ACE will relocate and be back to scamming tickey buyers in no time

Ace Tickets....the official ticket scalpers of the Boston Red Sox.

Odd that they're choosing an extended stay hotel close to Fenway.

Proximity to the medical area probably has something to do with that.

Odd that they're choosing an extended stay hotel close to Fenway.

I bet it's most likely geared towards the parents/ family members of patients at hospitals in the LMA.

I'll bet Harvard Medical School will reserve a block of rooms as well.

Anything to rid the city of crappy one-story buildings...

Next stop, Midtown Hotel (ok ok it's 2 floors)

Brookline Ave is already well on it's way to going from a back alley to a downtown avenue!

^ That's an interesting observation. Between BU infill along Comm Ave, increased Longwood density, steady Boylston Street construction, and the decking of the pike by Fenway (any news on this?) it seems like "central Boston" is steadily expanding westwards.

^ That's an interesting observation. Between BU infill along Comm Ave, increased Longwood density, steady Boylston Street construction, and the decking of the pike by Fenway (any news on this?) it seems like "central Boston" is steadily expanding westwards.

Yes, I consider the area to be another CBD. What needs to happen is an expansion of Yawkey Station (planned) and a better transit link between BU, LMA, Ruggles, and BMC. When that happens, the area will be a driving force in the local economy (not that it isn't now, but much more so).

and the decking of the pike by Fenway (any news on this?)

The design-build contract for the new Yawkey Station has already been awarded. And they've been doing a ton of pre-construction survey/as-built. Of course the biggest question mark is financing and I don't know if they've been able to lock down a construction loan, but I'm cautiously optimistic.

It will also be interesting to see what all this development ultimately means for the surrounding residential neighborhoods - Mission Hill, Saint Mary's station area, and so forth. It will also be interesting to see what this means for the already overburdened Green Line.

From the project change.

Architect of record is Crap, I mean, Group One Partners, Incorporated.

Screenshot2011-01-26at22900PM.png

Screenshot2011-01-26at22846PM.png

Screenshot2011-01-26at22836PM.png

This Notice of Project Change (?NPC?) is submitted by Boylston Properties (the ?Proponent?) for the proposed development of a new, approximately 183 room, extended stay / limited service hotel including a 45-50 space garage on one below-grade level, and approximately 6,300 gsf of ground-floor retail space.

The NPC Project hotel will be located on an approximately 22,112 square foot parcel of land, located at 121 Brookline Avenue at the corner of Brookline Avenue and Burlington Avenue in the Fenway neighborhood.

The Project Site is currently occupied by a one-story retail building surrounded by a sixty-four (64) space surface parking lot.

On June 21, 2007, Boylston Properties received approval from the Boston Redevelopment Authority (?BRA?) to construct a six-story building to house office and laboratory uses, with approximately 117,000 gross square feet of new floor area and approximately 90 parking spaces in two below-grade parking levels (the ?Longwood Research Center? or ?PNF Project?). Since that approval, the market for office and laboratory uses has slowed dramatically while the hotel market in Boston has rebounded.

I think that's an illusion. For a moment I thought its because there are bulges.

Looks like another landscraper is making a port-of-call in Boston. This one's got a nice little trellis on its lido deck, even.

What is it with crap derivative PoMo and those rooftop trellises, anyway?

Looks like another landscraper is making a port-of-call in Boston. This one's got a nice little trellis on its lido deck, even.

What is it with crap derivative PoMo and those rooftop trellises, anyway?

It's LEED Green!! (and allt he fucking granola bars get wet pantys over that.)

Back