Flickr Finds & Social Media Pics

Great photo. It shows the need to replace the 1-2-3 Center Plaza building and the low-rise part of the Federal Building with tallscrapers, and extend Hanover Street to Cambridge Street.

Great photo. It shows the need to replace the 1-2-3 Center Plaza building and the low-rise part of the Federal Building with tallscrapers, and extend Hanover Street to Cambridge Street.

We've begun to see buildings getting redeveloped that we didn't see coming, other sites envisioned were many years away or ideas going nowhere, only to get approved and start..... Zany stuff! Motor Mart Garage, Dock Square, (closed door discussions about 26 Court St), Garden Garage getting approved, MT, 1 Dalton, Winthrop Square, SST (maybe), Harbor Garage meeting a less combative admn, and zoning changes moving ahead...... it goes on and on.

Cancelled projects that hopefully return, but (still) got surprisingly close

Center Plaza getting sectioned, alley's opened and a couple of towers is easy compared to what's already been done. Hope we see something.

You never know.

Last edited:
pic.jpg

@bretclancy Instagram is really solid!

For those of you like me who enjoy the throwback pictures, this will probably be your all time favorite album and it isn't even close. Mostly 1950's-1970's, and includes tons of construction pics of Boston's icons. (Hancock, Pru, Fed, Preggers, etc)

For those of you like me who enjoy the throwback pictures, this will probably be your all time favorite album and it isn't even close. Mostly 1950's-1970's, and includes tons of construction pics of Boston's icons. (Hancock, Pru, Fed, Preggers, etc)

Love this one from 1954.
I was 4 years old then, and actually do remember the West End and Scollay Square a few years later, right before they were blitzed out of existence.

49421957367_0a74ee7750_b.jpg

Back