Good UrbEx Locations?

BarbaricManchurian

Reaction score
What are some interesting places in the city to explore? Preferably those that are not too hard to get to, but some trickier ones might also be interesting.

What are you into?

Transit/Utility tunnels?
Sewers, Drains, Culverts?
Abandoned buildings?
Active Buildings/Rooftops?

I'm more into abandoned buildings, rooftops, accessible fire escapes, etc but would also be interested in active buildings/private lounges. Mainly it's about finding a nice spot that few other know or can get to for me and exploring the different "layers" of urbanity when it comes to abandoned structures :)

rooftops, accessible fire escapes

The building FOX25's Beacon Hill studio is in used to have an accessible roof via a fire escape. I haven't tried it, but I believe it has been fixed after quite a few people went up there over a couple years. Amazing views, that's for sure.

I'm more of an underground guy, but I always try at the doors to roofs. Bound to be a few unlocked doors sometimes.

The building FOX25's Beacon Hill studio is in used to have an accessible roof via a fire escape. I haven't tried it, but I believe it has been fixed after quite a few people went up there over a couple years. Amazing views, that's for sure.

I'm more of an underground guy, but I always try at the doors to roofs. Bound to be a few unlocked doors sometimes.

NOT RECOMMENDED. A few close friends of mine were arrested on that roof. If you want fire escapes, there are a few other's in Downtown Crossing and Fort Point. Filene's also has one of the best views of the city.

edit: What a bad first post. Hi all!

Back