Hanover Company Apartments | 61 Locust St | Medford

Yeah Hanover typically builds decent stuff but this is horrendous.

Is its marketing name "The Brezhnev"?

With those damn freakin telephone poles and power lines everywhere, I'll say "Hanover at Spaghetti Junction" is a more appropriate name. Sad.

Looks like almost completed
D9FADC90-DC7E-4003-8425-AD5B6D220A6D.jpeg
1B1F8F4A-3186-492F-9525-2A4A0C965F7B.jpeg

If these are cheaper to rent than most other buildings going up these days then its worth it, but if they are going to try to charge the regular outrageous rent costs here then this is a mess.

See for yourself. Looks like they're accepting residents now. First 6 weeks rent free on 13+ month leases.
- 1-beds look like they're between $2,150-$2,900/mo. (adjusts from $2,525 average down to $2,233/mo average when you factor in the promotion)
- 2-beds look like they're $3,000-$3,600. (adjusts from $3,300/mo average down to $2,919/mo when factoring promotion)
- 3-beds (surprising... not a lot of new buildings have 3-beds) are ~$4,000/mo. (adjusts to $3,538/mo when factoring promotion).

I lived at Modera Medford in a 2-bed in 2019--we paid $3,500/mo, but had first two months free at lease-signing. Hanover Mystic River looks comparable price-wise... its biggest assets are Wegman's across the street and I-93 accessibility. Amenities are comparable to River's Edge & Modera Medford (garage parking, gym, pool, roof deck, games/club room, business center); I wouldn't call the prices 'outrageous', especially in a burgeoning work-from-home world. It would've been nice if they'd activated the ground level with small retail, though. I wish Medford's newer development had more pubs and sit-down options.

Back