Harbor Islands Development

Shepard

Reaction score
longislandproposal.jpg

As is probably obvious, this is my proposal to develop a part of Long Island (leaving the majority as nature reserve).

It's hard to believe that the nature preserve wouldn't be overrun by tourists.

Interesting concept though.

People want easy access among convention centers, hotels and amenities. I doubt you can stuff enough on the Long Island to make it work.

Easy access... like Las Vegas, Atlantic City, and Coney Island were easy to get to?

We need some more islands off the coast, more for nature AND for development. China made manmade islands and even had an airport on one. That's what we need. In fact, we could have them make the islands for us for free, and they can be Chinese territory. Boston reaps benefits, China gets a hand in some real estate. Everyone wins! Except the whales. They'll have to go migrate elsewhere.

No minor league stadium? And, can we put it all under a bubble, like Springfield?

Don't get ahead of yourself. Hong Kong and Japanese cities build island because they don't have anymore usable land. Boston has plenty.

As far as I'm concerned the only reason why Boston could use more islands is to counteract rising water levels / storm surges.

Back