Canopy by Hilton (née Haymarket Hotel) | Blackstone St | Parcel 9 | Greenway

Re: Parcel 9 - The Greenway

Totally agree it’s currently a disgrace...watching tourists walk by it is an embarrassment.

Totally agree it’s currently a disgrace...watching tourists walk by it is an embarrassment.

Agree.
Actually, I think you struck at an interesting discussion topic...thread started here.

Do we get a sign here ?

Suffolk construction fencing up all around !

Pardon my ignorance, but is that....it? I imagine you can't put a 600' tower there because of the highway underneath, but this looks like something that would be out by Alewife or out in Waltham, not in the middle of downtown Boston.

Pardon my ignorance, but is that....it? I imagine you can't put a 600' tower there because of the highway underneath, but this looks like something that would be out by Alewife or out in Waltham, not in the middle of downtown Boston.

It abuts the historic Blackstone Block, so the height was capped to keep it from overwhelming the historical context.

Good point. If there is ne thing you would never expect to see in downtown Boston is 5-6 story brick buildings, especially not in Haymarket area.

Higher res and a new one

Screen-Shot-2018-03-20-at-11.05.30-PM.png

31dfdce5-3eaa-40ba-853d-11d3c0a2f6a8

i wish the base had less glass and looked more Portland St/Bulfinchy/ North End-ish

Yea it is a market though. I think itll fit right in while engaging the street.

It's nothing special but I'm pleased that it helps fill in that gap.

^ thats what she said....lol had 2 sorry.

I honestly think the brick will fit in great with the area and at street level the tree lined street and the black framed glass will look pretty good right next to the greenway. I think the render just doesnt show the detailing in the brick good enough or the glass from a street level perspective but in real life it should look better.

Wasn't there some signage?

The look (except for the glass ground floor) is Harvard Square-ish. But, as people say, it's decent and fills in the gap nicely.

Yes. Looks like it's been dropped in the latest renderings. You can see the signage in this post: http://www.archboston.org/community/showpost.php?p=224459&postcount=329

That's a shame. I wonder if they can be convinced to bring it back. It would be great to have facing the RKG.

Those old renders hurt my eyes. I believe those renders are from the FU school of architecture. I am surprised they didn't render the trees white just to make it look like it would fit in.

Back