Homelessness in Boston

Reaction score
I'm never usually in this area at night but strolled through around 10 pm last night and I was shocked at the amount of homeless people all sleeping with cardboard barriers at each empty storefront from corner mall to bromfield...no pics but man does that neighborhood need new residents and retail.

Re: Millennium Tower (Filene's) | 426 Washington Street | Downtown

And hank Scorpio to turn the homeless into mail boxes.

I'm never usually in this area at night but strolled through around 10 pm last night and I was shocked at the amount of homeless people all sleeping with cardboard barriers at each empty storefront from corner mall to bromfield...no pics but man does that neighborhood need new residents and retail.

Think THAT'S bad?

The other day, I was on my way to the hospital, which had necessitated getting on a trolley at Haymarket Station.

Was going to sit on the first bench I saw, but there was this very smelly sleeping drunk sitting there and leaning over!!

This guy had stunk so disgustingly bad, reeked with urine and stunk up that area!! Even moving over to the next bench didn't help much!! He looked & smelled like he hadn't had a bath in eons!!! I had a small can of deodorizer that I sprayed in his direction to try to deviate the bad odor coming from him!!

I was heated & fuming!! So much so, that I complained out loud!!! And there was no MBTA employee around at all to make him get up and get out!!!

That is the problem with that area. It is affected & infested with drunken stinking bums!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Think THAT'S bad?

The other day, I was on my way to the hospital, which had necessitated getting on a trolley at Haymarket Station.

Was going to sit on the first bench I saw, but there was this very smelly sleeping drunk sitting there and leaning over!!

This guy had stunk so disgustingly bad, reeked with urine and stunk up that area!! Even moving over to the next bench didn't help much!! He looked & smelled like he hadn't had a bath in eons!!! I had a small can of deodorizer that I sprayed in his direction to try to deviate the bad odor coming from him!!

I was heated & fuming!! So much so, that I complained out loud!!! And there was no MBTA employee around at all to make him get up and get out!!!

That is the problem with that area. It is affected & infested with drunken stinking bums!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Wow. Clear out the bums and move in the yuppies. Yeah, sure, great idea. Get some fucking charity in your hearts, people.

Re: Downtown Crossing

There is also this issue to consider.

Think THAT'S bad?

What, you sprayed a homeless person with deodorant because they were cramping your style?? I'm not sure if you're being serious

As far as I'm concerned spraying deodorizer on a bum is a meritorious public service akin to picking up litter or one's pet's droppings.

As far as I'm concerned spraying deodorizer on a bum is a meritorious public service akin to picking up litter or one's pet's droppings.

I'm pretty sure the law would consider it assault. They are gross, but they are people. You can't just go around spraying stuff on people.

I wouldn't actually do it but I would certainly buy the sprayer a drink(or contribute to his legal defense fund).

You are all horrible fucking people. The homeless are not the problem people like you who look down on the poor, think of them as less than human, and blame them for their suffering are the problem. We live in a biased system these people have bear the worst of that bias.

Seriously, fuck you.

Who brings cans of deodorizers around with them? I think we're being trolled.
It would also explain why 80% of Jahvon's posts are to announce a new development that someone announced three posts earlier.

Not trolled -- it's the workings of a mentally challenged mind, perhaps high functioning autism. I know of this person from Wired New York where they were for for years over-enthusiastically active and completely oblivious to many things (such as satire) that we all take for granted. I can link to visual proof for those interested (through a PM of course).

Mark my words: y'all are going to have to cut our new friend some slack or it's going to get real ugly real fast.

No slack should be cut for comments like that. That comment and those responding demonstrated a basic lack of any semblance of humanity. people who think like that are the scum they think homeless people are.

Homeless people don't sell million dollar condos...

Can the discussions that do not pertain to downtown crossing development projects PLEASE be discussed in the general/open thread forum.

If that person is truly autism spectrum then they don't have the same capacity for social interactions and lack the ability to respond appropriately in many social situations it is just as bad to look down upon someone for that reason.

In no way am I saying what they said was correct on the other hand I really believe it is horrible to view people who are homeless in that manner.

If he is on the autism spectrum ok I will cut him some slack, but many people not on the spectrum hold beliefs like this.

Not trolled -- it's the workings of a mentally challenged mind, perhaps high functioning autism. I know of this person from Wired New York where they were for for years over-enthusiastically active and completely oblivious to many things (such as satire) that we all take for granted. I can link to visual proof for those interested (through a PM of course).

Mark my words: y'all are going to have to cut our new friend some slack or it's going to get real ugly real fast.
Don't lump us in with this douche. High functioning folks are smarter than this selfish dick.

If that person is truly autism spectrum then they don't have the same capacity for social interactions and lack the ability to respond appropriately in many social situations it is just as bad to look down upon someone for that reason.

In no way am I saying what they said was correct on the other hand I really believe it is horrible to view people who are homeless in that manner.
It sounds as if you need to do some serious research on us, sir...

Back