I tihnk I just had a heart attack

JohnAKeith

Reaction score
I think I just had a heart attack

Wrong thread for this but it can be changed later.

From the Twitterverse:

@gintautasd @bostonward5dems State Rep. Walz looking at running in special elex for Tolman's old state senate seat #mapoli

This doesn't make sense since she doesn't live in his senatorial district, but perhaps you don't have to be except on election day?

UPDATE

Unbelievable:

State Senator

Must be at least 18 years of age.
Must be a registered voter.
Must be a U.S. citizen.
Must be an inhabitant of the district when elected.
Must be an inhabitant of Massachusetts for at least 5 years.
Requires certified signatures of 300 voters registered in the district.

State Representative

Must be a U.S. citizen.
Must be a resident of the district for one year preceding the date of the election.
Requires certified signatures of at least 150 voters registered in the district.

So, Marty Walz can move into Tolman's district to run for his seat but I can't move into her district and run for her seat. I would have had to be there for a year.

Last edited:
Re: I think I just had a heart attack

Wrong thread for this but it can be changed later.

From the Twitterverse:

@gintautasd @bostonward5dems State Rep. Walz looking at running in special elex for Tolman's old state senate seat #mapoli

This doesn't make sense since she doesn't live in his senatorial district, but perhaps you don't have to be except on election day?

UPDATE

Unbelievable:

State Senator

Must be a U.S. citizen.
Must be an inhabitant of the district when elected.
Must be an inhabitant of Massachusetts for at least 5 years.
Requires certified signatures of 300 voters registered in the district.

State Representative

Must be a U.S. citizen.
Must be a resident of the district for one year preceding the date of the election.
Requires certified signatures of at least 150 voters registered in the district.

So, Marty Walz can move into Tolman's district to run for his seat but I can't move into her district and run for her seat. I would have had to be there for a year.

It'd almost be a good thing. No way she'd win as a senator given her radical views, and after losing, I doubt she'd be re-elected in the Back Bay as a rep.

Back