Improving ArchBoston's Google rating

czsz

Reaction score
Currently, a search for "architectural boston" doesn't produce this site until the second page. Searching for most projects doesn't yield a thread from the board early in the results either. If the site's Google ranking were improved, we could pull in more members and our opinions and updates on projects might get more attention from the players involved. Is there any way we can improve this state of affairs?

It's the software that the board uses. Search Engines just don't index the site because of some arcane technical issue. The board will be switching over to a different package very shortly and when it does I think we will notice a marked improvement to the board's visibility.

I noticed that with google, too. It took forever for me to find this place, and I stumbled on it by accident!

Wrong search terms

Well, I think one reason people might not be able to find the site is they are searching using the wrong terms.

If you search on "yah" and "LOL" and "bitchin'" and all the other terms the children use on here, it comes up on page one.

Yah, that building is gonna be sooo cool, man!!!

ya whoa that's crazy haha if you google "archboston ya lol" we comes up as the first hit lol!

rly?

ya rly lol

orrr.... "archboston"

make sure you use quotes, we are the first hit.

and with "architectural boston"

it seems we need quotes, since really, we havent a really common name
i think most people searching on google to find something like this would search something like

boston architecture

or

architecture in boston

or

architecture forum boston

in which case, we arent mentioned until past the tenth page, at which point i stopped looking. we could try to get a sponsored result, i dont know how to do that though.

Back