Keene Pumpkin Festival

Smuttynose

Reaction score
It's that time of year again, when thousands of pumpkins invade downtown Keene for its annual pumpkin fest. Keene perennially sets the Guiness record for most lit jack-o-lanterns, and shuts down Main Street for the event. If you're in the area it's definitely an event I'd reccomend.

55044766_79de8699f2_o.jpg

I don't want to burst Keene's bubble but.....

Boston breaks Keene's record for most jack-o-lanterns

KEENE, N.H. -- Boston smashed Keene, New Hampshire's record for the most jack o'lanterns in one place last night.

Keene set the previous record in 2003, when nearly 29,000 carved and lit pumpkins were displayed during the city's annual Pumpkin Festival. The feat earned it a spot in the Guinness Book of Records.

But last night, revelers in Boston brought 30-thousand, 128 lit pumpkins to the Boston Common.

Still, Keene officials are happy with the record-breaking crowd that attended their festival. Organizers reported that 80-thousand people packed the streets of downtown last night, a year after disastrous floods dampened the Halloween spirit in southwestern New Hampshire.

Copyright 2006 by The Associated Press.

I thought Boston might pull it off, they've been getting closer and closer every year. Having been to Keene a bunch of times, I'd like to go to Boston next year. All those pumpkin towers with the skyline in the background must be pretty cool.

Back