The Engine (MIT) | 730-750 Main Street | Cambridge

Gameguy326

Reaction score
Renovation of a 200,000 sq. ft. abandoned complex (two buildings) to be MIT's new headquarters for their startup incubator. Kind of a big project but also technically just a renovation, so maybe it goes here?

There's a third (smaller) building there but unmentioned in the article, so that might be saved for a future development?

Renovation of a 200,000 sq. ft. abandoned complex (two buildings) to be MIT's new headquarters for their startup incubator. Kind of a big project but also technically just a renovation, so maybe it goes here?

There's a third (smaller) building there but unmentioned in the article, so that might be saved for a future development?
Work has begun on the new startup incubator "The Engine". It looks like it includes all the buildings from 730 Main through 750 Main.

IMG_2781 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr

IMG_2784 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr

IMG_2789 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr

730-750 Main St. MIT Engine. There are some Beeline photos from November above.
Rendering comes from this Globe article https://www.bostonglobe.com/business/2019/08/26/mit/6XvjvBSaZovaJ1CdBCjj0O/story.html
NFCX5GGIFQI6TLYPOXMILTPDLY.jpg
DSC_0100  .jpeg
DSC_0106.jpeg
DSC_0110.jpeg

Last edited:
730-750 Main St. MIT Engine. There are some Beeline photos from November above.
Rendering comes from this Globe article https://www.bostonglobe.com/business/2019/08/26/mit/6XvjvBSaZovaJ1CdBCjj0O/story.html
View attachment 3789View attachment 3790View attachment 3791View attachment 3792
Brad - -great update
I didn't realize that so much had happened already. I was down there in the late Autumn and all there was -- a fence some jerzy knees and some signs
WoW 😛

Brad - -great update
I didn't realize that so much had happened already. I was down there in the late Autumn and all there was -- a fence some jerzy knees and some signs
WoW 😛
Another article in the Globe today on the Engine.

Not all the fledgling companies (now up to 24) supported by the Engine are in Massachusetts.

What are those old warehouse facadectomies going to be? I tried looking it up once but couldn't find anything.

Might be in one of the infill threads but this works!

I believe it is in an infill thread, MIT infill IIRC. But, it's probably big enough to have its own thread, if moderators want to merge it into here? Up to the mods though.

Back