Kenmore Square North (WHOOP) | 533-541 Commonwealth Ave | Fenway

20211011_145617.jpg
20211011_145606.jpg

I have no clue if this is the right thread

That paneling still sucks. The glass still sucks.

That being said, the location is the worst sin. I could see something like this blending in amongst the crowd in Longwood, but it truly sticks out like a sore thumb here. I think the adjacent alleys play a role in that - the shape gives the idea that the building is terminating into a hard point on either end, but instead the gap makes it look unresolved.

That paneling still sucks. The glass still sucks.

That being said, the location is the worst sin. I could see something like this blending in amongst the crowd in Longwood, but it truly sticks out like a sore thumb here. I think the adjacent alleys play a role in that - the shape gives the idea that the building is terminating into a hard point on either end, but instead the gap makes it look unresolved.

It's an abomination. Honestly, that facade actually looks cheap and unstable enough to fall down..........let's hope.

It's what happens when overpriced real estate meets pedestrian design.

As for the WHOOP, no idea...

How did that signage get approved???

The building still sucks, but I kind of like the sign and think it improves the building.

Agree fully. The best thing that can happen to this turd, at this point, is for it to get covered with lots of quirky stuff. Signs, vertical banners, awnings. Anything to humanize it and reconnect it to the square.

Agree fully. The best thing that can happen to this turd, at this point, is for it to get covered with lots of quirky stuff knocked down, redeveloped and purged from the historical record, like disfavored Bolsheviks in 1930s Russia or a 'canceled' celebrity in present-day America

Fixed it ;)

How did that signage get approved???
I got angry just looking at that. I’ll be even angrier when the sign is designated as a landmark

Back