Kenmore Square North (WHOOP) | 533-541 Commonwealth Ave | Fenway

We're officially done with 128 tangents in this thread @whighlander. Especially as you responded to a post from September 1st!!
George -- can we retire the ridiculous references to 128 Office Park ARCHITECTURE -- there really is no such thing
Yet there are several people who insist of using the term to Trash anything that they don't like -- on a continuing basis -- perhaps they should just get an uber or a ZipCar and driver around Rt-128 and look for themselves

George -- can we retire the ridiculous references to 128 Office Park ARCHITECTURE -- there really is no such thing
Yet there are several people who insist of using the term to Trash anything that they don't like -- on a continuing basis -- perhaps they should just get an uber or a ZipCar and driver around Rt-128 and look for themselves

Whigh, it is the very essence that 128 "architecture" is not real architecture that makes it the perfect analogy for trashing things that fail at being architecture.

Long live using "128 architecture" to criticize architecture!

Whighlander, could you please release the hostage that is the thread subject now?????????????????

Last edited:

I don't retire tropes, I just end lines of irrelevant thought. Which you are needlessly continuing. Stop.

Regardless of the aesthetic qualms about this project, at least we are getting a protected cycletrack along the length of this block. Combine that with the promised cycle and pedestrian improvements planned for the One Kenmore hotel project, Kenmore Square should be a much more hospitable location for people walking and cycling a few years from now.

And demolish and replace the former HoJo.

That is a part of the long-term plan. With the purchase of Wheelock the university gained some much needed housing that will hopefully speed up the Kenmore parcels.

I wonder if they ever find anything interesting when digging up under where there was a building for decades, like when they found that ship carcass in the seaport.

I wonder if they ever find anything interesting when digging up under where there was a building for decades, like when they found that ship carcass in the seaport.

Probably nothing quite like that. Being built on the Back Bay tidal flats, the Fenway area never had significant docks or port facilities.

The Citgo sign will be annoying as hell, both during the day and evening, for those with an Eastern vantage point.

1584474617389.png

Back