The Parker Boston (nee LaGrange Tower) | 47-55 LaGrange St. | Downtown

Core looks topped out on this one. I'm pretty curious what the prices in this building will be like... of all the luxury condo builds, other than being centrally located, this is a pretty weak overall building... bad/obstructed views except over The Common, and even those are only reserved for the top 6 floors or so. LaGrange is kind of a dump of a street too.

IMG_20210605_183321880_HDR.jpg

Proportionally, I think it would have looked better a bit taller.

Core looks topped out on this one. I'm pretty curious what the prices in this building will be like... of all the luxury condo builds, other than being centrally located, this is a pretty weak overall building... bad/obstructed views except over The Common, and even those are only reserved for the top 6 floors or so. LaGrange is kind of a dump of a street too.

What, you don't think a bird's eye view of and having the glass slipper right next door is worth a million dollars? In all seriousness, though, the T is restoring the Orange Line entrance there, which might help a bit with getting more foot traffic/etc on the street. But kind of agree - seems like more of a b-level luxury building.

Strange that the majority of windows on this look out to...nothing. Why would anyone want to live there, on one of the most densely developed narrow street in the city, tucked literally into a parking lot? Oh, I get it. It's going to be converted into a lab/research building where views are not necessary. Now that, to me, would make sense.

I wouldn’t call this building a “tower”. It’s a respectable height, but not towering by any measure.

is there an awards category in aB for most boring office tower / building?

I believe there's a building of similar size proposed but don't remember the name to bring up the thread at the moment.

It is the "tower" Phase 3 of St. Francis House by POUA.

Back