The Parker Boston (nee LaGrange Tower) | 47-55 LaGrange St. | Downtown

This morning. Crane at center-left, I believe:

Lg1.png

That is a dark, narrow alleyway with 2 strip clubs on it. We can say rich millionaires will use it as a pied-a-terre and don't care about views, but I bet the lower 6-8 floors will have a hard time selling.

That is a dark, narrow alleyway with 2 strip clubs on it. We can say rich millionaires will use it as a pied-a-terre and don't care about views, but I bet the lower 6-8 floors will have a hard time selling.

Even if the sales department retained these guys to serenade prospective buyers?

Seriously, though, as you note, the ambiance within that curious little nook that is the LaGrange St. corridor is dark, narrow, claustrophobic, walled-off--a tough sell.

I had friends that lived at the AVA on Stuart; my friends wife travelled a lot for work and would come home late at night. She actually preferred the lagrange street entrance because of the police presence / bouncers / security along there at night. is it sketchy? sure. But it also has like, a private militia on the street after dark to make sure stuff doesn't get weird. Oddly despite the skeezy character of the street it's probably the safest area after dark around stuart & tremont.

Yea it's pretty safe there until it really clears out around 3am. The street you don't want to traverse is Tamworth: Dark, out of sight lines and right across the street from the shelter.

You can see it peeking over the skyline from Longfellow Bridge and the Cambridge side of the river. It's a surprising nice addition to the skyline

Back