Longwood Medical Area Infill and Small Development

bostoneophyte

Reaction score
Couldn't find a thread for the development of the Longwood area as a whole, so here we go.

The Boston Globe has a great section on the LMA today including a graphic with completed, ongoing, and future development: http://www.bostonglobe.com/lifestyle/health-wellness/2014/11/07/longwood-growth-spurt/7JZrB5CFcnfCsY7EN7ANKM/story.html

Yellow: Completed since 2000; Orange: Completed since 2010;
Red: Under construction; Gray: Board approved
longwood.jpg

Future Development:

Julie Hall, Emmanuel College:
julie.jpg

Cardinal Cushing Library Addition, Emmanuel College:
cushing.jpg

BWH Parcel C45:
c45.jpg

Boston Children's Hospital Clinical Building:
clinical.jpg

Any idea what the unidentified grey building is in the middle of the Beth Israel campus? The Globe doesn't ID it in the article.

Edit: I checked the BRA web site and they don't list anything for Beth Israel under "board approved".

They cut off the map at a bad location as there is a medical building under construction just off the bottom edge.

^I think that is different and some of that isn't on the map.

Also, what's with the doppelganger to Longwood Center that's apparently under construction?

And I agree with coleslaw that it's a bit silly to cut off the map at Francis Street when there's four projects there either completed or under construction all since 2006. Oh well.

The gray building near Brookline and Longwood is Alexandria Real Estate Equities, same folks as are building Mega-lab in Kendall.

THIS IS IN BOSTON??!

That's crazy. I guess I need to crawl out of my shell once awhile.

Very intriguing.

I'm looking for information on a building u/c at Longwood and hit a roadblock. Am I crazy or did someone post something on AB about a condominium tower under construction at LMA/Brigham & Women's?

The site in question is roughly a flatiron parcel on the SE intersection of Riverway, Brookline Ave, and Fenwood Road. Any information, links, and renderings would be greatly appreciated. I drove past it yesterday and it looked like construction was underway.

Thank you.

UPDATE: Nevermind, found it!

Couldn't find a thread for the development of the Longwood area as a whole, so here we go.

The Boston Globe has a great section on the LMA today including a graphic with completed, ongoing, and future development: http://www.bostonglobe.com/lifestyle/health-wellness/2014/11/07/longwood-growth-spurt/7JZrB5CFcnfCsY7EN7ANKM/story.html

Yellow: Completed since 2000; Orange: Completed since 2010;
Red: Under construction; Gray: Board approved
longwood.jpg

Future Development:

Julie Hall, Emmanuel College:
Cardinal Cushing Library Addition, Emmanuel College:
BWH Parcel C45:
Boston Children's Hospital Clinical Building:

WoW -- That's a core for a fair-sized city in itself

As the old Chinese curse says "May you live in interesting times" -- just in terms of the construction inside Rt-128 we certainly are living in interesting times -- wonder whose foot we stepped upon to get so cursed :rolleyes:

The Baptist was making noise before Covid about moving down the hill. Dont be surprised if one day soon...

Back