20240214_192807.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 170
  • 20240214_192813.jpg
    20240214_192813.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 169
  • 20240214_192825.jpg
    20240214_192825.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 170
I think its simpler. There are more and more folks that are health-conscious so active lifestyle products are one of the last growth areas in retail in the US. I think Lord and Taylor represented "off the rack high fashion" that is not the American norm as much anymore. Work from home means a big cut in formal office wear.

Last edited:
I think its simpler. There are more and more folks that are health-conscious so active lifestyle products area one of the last growth areas in retail in the US. I think Lord and Taylor represented "off the rack high fashion" that is not the American norm as much anymore. Work from home means a big cut in formal office wear.
You're right in that regard. People are more health conscious, which is a good thing. I myself do a 15-mile bike ride a few times a week when it's nice out (at age 74). I guess I'm from a time when dress and manners were a bit more formal. After all, I wore a necktie or bowtie to school every day, grades K through 12. But at least there is some kind of thriving retail still going on at this site.

You're right in that regard. People are more health conscious, which is a good thing. I myself do a 15-mile bike ride a few times a week when it's nice out (at age 74). I guess I'm from a time when dress and manners were a bit more formal. After all, I wore a necktie or bowtie to school every day, grades K through 12. But at least there is some kind of thriving retail still going on at this site.
15 miles is no joke at any age - kudos!

Interiors look really nice. I wonder how much was recycled from Lord & Taylor? I was only in Lord & Taylor a few times, but I don't remember those high clerestory windows. Plus, the exposed steel beams with fireproofing look new here.

The "s" on my keyboard is working only intermittently, you hmuck :LOL:
I'm an editor and, while I clearly am just fine with lack of punctuation and capitalization in the context of forums such as this one or texts etc., I have so many actual nightmares about typos that I cannot help myself.

FWIW, was 100% meant in a spirit of fun/playfulness and not me actively intending to be a dick.

Interiors look really nice. I wonder how much was recycled from Lord & Taylor? I was only in Lord & Taylor a few times, but I don't remember those high clerestory windows. Plus, the exposed steel beams with fireproofing look new here.
It was a full gut job and they ripped out the roof to go up a few feet in the back. You can see that from the plaza at the Star Market.

I guess health conscious is a good thing. But *everything* seems to be “sport” nowadays. Clothing is all causal or athleisure, no one seems to enjoy wearing a suit anymore. Watches are all sport or dive focused, what happened to dress watches? Cars are all sporty, very few true luxury options are popular anymore. There seems to be a whole “you’re not gonna catch me in a stiff suit! No way, I’m “active” and comfortable and not a square maaaaan!” attitude that has destroyed or at least degraded the concept of elegance and occasion.

Last edited:
I guess health conscious is a good thing. But *everything* seems to be “sport” nowadays. Clothing is all causal or athleisure, no one seems to enjoy wearing a suit anymore. Watches are all sport or dive focused, what happened to dress watches? Cars are all sporty, very few true luxury options are popular anymore. There seems to be a whole “you’re not gonna catch me in a stiff suit! No way, in sporty and comfortable and casual!” attitude that has destroyed or at least degraded the concept of elegance and occasion.
Thanks. That's what i was getting at.

I'm an editor and, while I clearly am just fine with lack of punctuation and capitalization in the context of forums such as this one or texts etc., I have so many actual nightmares about typos that I cannot help myself.

FWIW, was 100% meant in a spirit of fun/playfulness and not me actively intending to be a dick.

Absolutely knew - me too! (y)

Back