Lowell Justice Center | 370 Jackson St | Lowell

Smuttynose

Reaction score
Re: Lowell 2015 update

$31.5M OK'd for Lowell Judicial Center

20160520__TFront~p1.jpg

LOWELL -- Finally.

Construction is expected to begin this fall in the empty lot where the city's new $200 million judicial center is planned.

http://www.lowellsun.com/news/ci_29917421/31-5m-okd-lowell-judicial-center

It's from last month, but the Lowell Justice Center has been topped off. This building is f'n massive. Easily the most visible building in the Mill City. I have mixed feelings about this. On one hand, it'll be able to house other courts and consolidate them to one convenient place. On the contrary, a building of that size gives me the feeling that it'll just be a massive criminal justice factory with the poor, non-whites and disabled on the receiving end of a gavel. A courthouse shouldn't be this monolithic but it is.

http://www.lowellsun.com/news/ci_31441158/lots-heavy-lifting-crane-operator-lowell-justice-center
The new Lowell Justice Center will provide state-of-the-art facilities for the Superior, District, Probate & Family, Juvenile, and Housing Courts of Middlesex County, according to officials.

The building will provide new space for the Middlesex County Registry of Deeds, District Attorney, and a resource center for self-represented litigants. The 3.

3-acre site will have 17 courtrooms. The estimated completion date is fall 2019.

It's from last month, but the Lowell Justice Center has been topped off. This building is f'n massive. Easily the most visible building in the Mill City. I have mixed feelings about this. On one hand, it'll be able to house other courts and consolidate them to one convenient place. On the contrary, a building of that size gives me the feeling that it'll just be a massive criminal justice factory with the poor, non-whites and disabled on the receiving end of a gavel. A courthouse shouldn't be this monolithic but it is.

aY5v6CTh.jpg

08umldth.jpg

RzghTaHh.jpg

GAPyQz7h.jpg

5TuMAxph.jpg

jWdI0kNh.jpg

fo6pJ4bh.jpg

Impressive Judicial Center, that's one tall and massive 7 story building!

A little imposing and slightly totalitarian once you know it's purpose but from a distance it just looks like a normal office building and I bet the glass reflects the canal nicely.

Back