The Revington | 1 Green Island Boulevard | Worcester

cubalibre

Reaction score
Might as well open a thread for things going on across from Polar Park, as there appears to be quite a bit of activity on those parcels these days. Many of the renderings have already been posted in the “ballpark” thread and they appear to be pretty preliminary too, however I could not dig up anything more up to date.

The site is much larger than the ballpark and used to be owned by Wyman-Gordon manufacturing. The master plan called for multiple hotels, apartment buildings, office, and biotech lab space. Construction has been delayed and scaled back due to the pandemic, but there was a groundbreaking ceremony in the summer for the SOMA (South of Madison - I know..) 228 unit apartment building, to be completed 2023. All I can find online is a picture taken from a tarp during the ceremony, so I don’t know how close this will be to the final product.

713303BE-6F59-407E-A9B1-09A01413AB78.jpeg
CACAAA6C-D3B2-4C5D-905C-69E97E385D71.png
BE2C977C-AD7F-4E8D-B825-170A362CA2EF.png
34A6E6CF-FFF7-4791-928D-75E06F981584.png
9A247931-011D-4D9F-98CA-39EBEF56C414.png

Completion of this building is delayed almost another year until mid 2023, and the developer is holding off on starting any other construction on the site until after that. The original pre pandemic completion date was January 2021.

Completion of this building is delayed almost another year until mid 2023, and the developer is holding off on starting any other construction on the site until after that. The original pre pandemic completion date was January 2021.

it was reported in July last year that it wouldn't be completed until 2023 when they broke ground, so I dont know why WBJ is treating it like new news

it was reported in July last year that it wouldn't be completed until 2023 when they broke ground, so I dont know why WBJ is treating it like new news

Slow news day lol

True that is weird, I even mentioned that in the initial post 🤷‍♂️

It is looking likely that Polar Park will once again see another shortened season. Covid last year and the lockout strike in 2022. Perhaps it will host the full complement of games in its third season.

It is looking likely that Polar Park will once again see another shortened season. Covid last year and the lockout strike in 2022. Perhaps it will host the full complement of games in its third season.

Was looking forward to using that opening day ticket....

The lockout doesn't affect the minors actually. I think the minor leaguers on the 40 man roster won't be playing however.

Back