Mercantile Center Expansions

ctsketch

Reaction score

Developer Chip Norton announced two large-scale projects in downtown Worcester on Friday, including a 150-unit apartment building on Front Street and 125-room hotel on the corner of Mercantile and Foster Streets.

screenshot_2022-03-11_11.21.01_am.png

For the hotel I think they mean Front St. instead of Foster street. The parcel across from the AC Marriott is on the corner of Front and Mercantile. Foster is at the end of Mercantile St. but I don't think there is nearly enough land to build a hotel there. The corner of Foster and Mercantile is a weird small space and the underground entrance to the garage and loading docks actually runs underneath it. The parcel on the corner of Mercantile and Foster has been waiting for development for a while and seems hotel sized.

In any event this is huge for Worcester's downtown. Both locations are kind of dead spots too.

For the hotel I think they mean Front St. instead of Foster street. The parcel across from the AC Marriott is on the corner of Front and Mercantile.

Edit: That was my first thought too, but I think they may be referring to this corner for the hotel:

AEC77508-6DCB-4190-B9F0-7950D77D6EAD.jpeg

Last edited:
Article also states it’s next to the AC Marriott, so it’s not clear..

Article also states it’s next to the AC Marriott, so it’s not clear..

Not sure why they would cover up that beautiful mural they commissioned anyways and that corner is way too small. would be a better plaza, they must mean front and mercantile

Back