MIT Museum/Book Store | née Boeing | 314 Main St. | Kendall Square

That parking lot between the Kendall Hotel and MIT's E17 loading docks is looking more and more out of place...

Well there's a new building planned for there...

(though we've seen zero movement thus far toward that).

Side note: I hope the era of universities' positioning their facilities trucks' parking lots smack in the center of a main drag is over.

What building is planned for the lot?

It's going to be primarily "retail" according to Kendall Square Initiative documents but I just searched online for 15 minutes and couldn't find any plans. The only thing I found is this part of a figure from a PDF I stored on my computer from a 2016 planning doc:

wpB2YTA.png

That looks good, dont want it boxed in between 2 buildings.

Looks really promising already. I think this is gonna look great materials wise. Massing is meh but typical

Full row of glass is up now - looks pretty good in person. Mirror sharp.

The edges of those small fins extending of the window are sort of a rust/orange color in the renderings, but look a little more mauve/purple in person. Maybe it's the light?

LWpMapS.jpg

ntYE0P7.jpg

The Gradient effect already looks really cool. This is going to be another great addition to Kendall.

Really liking this building! Maybe if the building across the way, Building 4 had lighter glass, it would have offset the much darker skin. I know, I know, the gradient, it's lightening up, but it's still a very dark building. This building, the Boeing building, Bldg 5, is such a welcome contrast.

Looking good!!! This building is gonna be a great addition to the neighborhood!

It's nice enough but its nearly cubic volume does nothing for me.

Back